• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tech help needed.... D60 Rear

Hardcase

Hey guys.. new here and been lurking around a bit... I'm diving into the big biy stuff with my Jeep and can;t seem to find any answers to a rear diff I bought.. You guys look like your the ones to ask,.. ;)

Here are the specs... 2002 TJ with D44 rear that I keep busting shafts on.. I'm runnign 35" Grabbers that are heavy bitches... I plan on upgrading axles to keep up with even larger tires.. but money is tight so I'm trying to do this on a budget...

I have a HP44 out of a 78 Ford 250 8lug that I'm building up for the front... What I bought today is a D60HD FF 4.10 rear out of a B300 Dodge van... BOM # is 606205.. So far I have verified that it has 30 splines axles, I think it has the traclock and the chunk is off center by a couple inches..

Straight up answer... Good swap to replace my D44, or just not worth the hassle, return it and look for a 14 bolt instead???

Thanks in advance :dblthumb:

Mr. Hogg said:
Just as much work to make 60 work as a 14b.
The 60 I got was out of a c300 van... not what I was wanting in a 60... Took it back and paid $100 for a pre 85 14 bolt instead..

stronger, easier to setup, cheap to build and strong as an ox.. :)