• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Telemarketers

If I get a call from a random # I turn the radio up rally loud, answer the phone & hold it to a speaker until they hang up. I Have gotten less calls lately.

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
So this happened to me today... got a call from a local number and I answered it "Hello this is Daniel." She said "oh were you trying to reach Keith?" Man was I confused because I hadn't called anyone she called me. She said no you just called and Keith couldn't get to the phone in time. But it was her cell number is where she called me from. So as I'm hanging up the phone with her I get a text from a local number asking who this is? I oblige and and tell them but ask why they wanted to know. They said I just called them. I am assuming it's actually Keith on the phone. Told them that I hadn't called and something weird is going on. I call t-mobile and ask what's up... they tell me there's an app that people can use to call or text from that shows a random number instead of the one you're actuallly calling or texting from and that's what has probably happened. WTF!!!!!! Makes me so mad that stuff like that even exists. I'm sure a telemarketer is doing this so people think a local person is calling them instead of a 1-800 number so they'll at least answer. So I now am not answering the phone anymore and if someone needs me they can leave a message or text me... GEEZ!!
Its been happening to my ol lady. May be happening to me but i dont answer!