• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

th400 to 205

puddin4x4

im running a 400/203, im wanting to put a 205 behind the 400 just wandering what i would haft to have to do it. ive got a 205 that was behind a 4-speed will it work?

is it an 85 and up 4 speed with 32 spline input? if not, not without some work.
your 205 has a 3" input hole around the input bearing, being a male input (84 and down). You need the case bored to 3.5" and and a new input gear and bearing. Then you need an adapter. If you could get the long input you might make an adapter or a late model adapter, but to run the fig 8 stock adapter with the fig 8 input (short) you will need to swap tail shafts. Its easier to find one that came that way. I can probably send one your way for about $500 tranny/tcase/adapter all together and working. The case goes on ebay (last I checked) for $3-$550. Adapter is normally between $200 and $300, machining is $75 after you hollow the case of guts and input and bearing are about $100 if you deal hunt. Output shaft is whatever someone has laying around if you can swap it. It goes in from the front so you have to pull it all apart.

smartest guy I kno... damn u have too much knowledge in that little Kaiser brain...

but couldn't pull it out in time... :flipoff1:

CheapJ7 said:
smartest guy I kno... damn u have too much knowledge in that little Kaiser brain...

but couldn't pull it out in time... :flipoff1:
I knew all of that I just didnt feel like typing it.