• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The bad karma buggy

Maybe you could've if you hadn't made everyone aware that it was f'd. Just kidding man. I hope it works out for you. What's the prescription for fixing the chassis flex. More cross bracing? I'm especially interested because my chassis was basically just a shell so the bracing is up to me.

Man that's big balls for Patrick to step up and try and "fix" this chassis. I watched him add brace to my chassis, it has to be hard to try and work around someone else's design.

Its not my money, but I am always good for $0.02.

I hate to see all of this continue on. From the start, the project has been doomed. This guy, that guy, doesn't matter. The initial build failed. I know it is going to be expensive, the best lessons have a price tag. I would go find George and work something out with that guy. I think he has just been getting busier these days.

Cut your losses before you incur more on a chassis that will never be right. My example comes from a car wreck last year. I hit a dog at 75mph. I knew the car wasn't right. Insurance fixed the car. Insurance fixed it again, because it wasn't right. I went and took it to two different shops that said it may never be right (thanks for the honesty fellas). So, I went in and bought my wife a new car. It cost me a chunk of money right off the bat, but I have had zero regrets. We went on vacation and she wasn't worried about the front end/steering killing us. There were no driveline vibrations and it just felt ****ing good to be rid of the cancer that was the little silver car.

I'll leave you with this. If you have another issue with this buggy, will it hurt any more or any less? If it runs great and has zero issues for 5 more years, will you love this buggy? Reality is that you race. You are going to beat the **** out of it and the other weaknesses are going to show up. It will fester and possibly push you out of wheeling. This buggy is cancer and the only way to make it right is to cut it out. Right now you are doing Chemo and radiation on cancer that should be cut out.

*Disclaimer - I have lost multiple family members to cancer, one this year, so I do understand it is no laughing matter and don't use the term loosely. Anything that drags me down and causes pain in my head or heart gets cut out of my life.

Well in 2 years the buggy hasn't climbed 10 hills so I don't think it is from the racong. I had my choice to take it anywhere I wanted. I did alot of research and looked some stuff over and decided to take it to Patrick for more than one reason. I have been screwed by someone I was told did good work already so I am just a little leary on who I use. And as far as starting over I can't afford it. I am making payments on a loan I had to take out to finish it now. Will I like it I don't know but if I can get it fixed to where it stays together I can sell it for a fair price and feel comfortable looking somebody in the eye and telling them it's safe and right.

Honestly I turned down a pretty good chunk of change because I don't feel comfortable selling it in the shape it's in. I would part it out before I sold it like it is.

I'm not sure if it's an option now or maybe in the future but I see a lot of really nice, new chassis sell for less than 3k. It'd still be some work moving everything over but just another option to think about

I was saying to cut it up and build fresh. Sorry if I didn't convey that. It'd be hard, with this thread, for me to ever consider buying this buggy for any more than the cost of what I could buy/sell the parts for.

BUG-E J said:
Honestly I turned down a pretty good chunk of change because I don't feel comfortable selling it in the shape it's in. I would part it out before I sold it like it is.

Commendable!! thumb.gif

I will say Jon had a few people talking to him about buying it at the SRRS finals. He said several times that he wouldn't feel right selling it know how bad it was messed up. That was before he found all the latest problems. That says something about the man for sure.

Ok so my Tapatalk has updated but I was gonna throw some pics up and I can't get it to work. Patrick told me I could have came up last Thursday and pulled an all night er with him to finish it and I told him no. I could race beatdown at choco I wanted it right. If it takes him another 3 weeks I don't care I just want my **** to work correctly. I will say from the pictures he has sent I will be very happy. There is a small chance I will pick it up this weekend and I will take pictures of what he did and post. I told him keep it as long as he needed so I have tried to just leave him alone.

Re: The bad karma buggy

bb64cff381799cd648858d4f14c55e55.jpg

48e188710eb63ef838e1f228c24b573d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Looks like I'm picking it up tomorrow. I'll get some pics posted after I get it home.

Eddyj said:
Can't wait to see it. thumb.gif
You care to explain what the tub with a backbone picture is?
It ties my new console into the dash.

I got it home and I am really happy. Patrick does awesome work and is good to deal with. I have a **** ton to do before this coming weekend but I hope to be beating on this thing. Patrick fixed the problems I knew I had and we had gone over together and even waited on me to get there to test fit the shifters and gas pedal. I have some painting to knock out today and a full day tom of wiring and figuring out how many bolts I need for the body panels. Them ****ers dissapear every time I take them off.

Re: The bad karma buggy

He changed the back end so the shocks no longer hit the chassis. Braced the back properly. And boxed my rear shock tabs that were cracking

Re: Re: The bad karma buggy

BUG-E J said:
He changed the back end so the shocks no longer hit the chassis. Braced the back properly. And boxed my rear shock tabs that were cracking

BUG-E J said: