• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Con

LiLBKO

So at the Con this last weekend their was two rigs driving off the trail one buggy with a Wa plate and a Jeep so all you guys going out to the Con need to stay on the trail or very soon we could loose it forever...

it may seem like no big deal but it is.. and a lot of us have been fighting to keep it open for years and it would suck in a big way to loose the Con.

take pictures and post em up and turn their asses in to the FS. We see this kind of **** everywhere and these kinds of idiots just dont care until it hits them in the pocketbook or there outed to the community.:mad:

I did not post up to spank any one in a public forum that is why the pic's are not getting posted unless they need to be.

there was a few guys from out here and most were cool about being off the trail but the two rigs were at the spillway, Buck Island

So please if you or your friends are going out there get current trail info, or even hook up with a local guy to help out and make a new friend out of the trip.

so your saying Kirk and Kris where running off the trail? I have been running with some from down there for many years...... the rule was if your on rock your fine... if your going through brush it is not ok.... They probibly know a little more than you about what is ok and what is not considering the specific group of ppl I am taking about do alot more with that particular trail. the rules are a little different in Cali VS here. if they where damaging brush and trees that I will talk to them.

so your saying Kirk and Kris where running off the trail? I have been running with some from down there for many years...... the rule was if your on rock your fine... if your going through brush it is not ok.... They probibly know a little more than you about what is ok and what is not considering the specific group of ppl I am taking about do alot more with that particular trail. the rules are a little different in Cali VS here. if they where damaging brush and trees that I will talk to them.

The rules have changed down there jason. I think the rule now is no rig more than 25ft off the trail...

tattle tale:wtf:

Mike, as you said, Jason didn't know the rule change, who's to say they knew the rules? maybe it was neglect of reading a posted sign, but I know for a fact that if the guy that is here complaining could have spoken up and told them they were doing wrong they would have been more than sorry and gotten right back on the trail. If you can waste the energy to gripe on here about them, you could have surely spoken up to them on the trail.

Mike, as you said, Jason didn't know the rule change, who's to say they knew the rules? maybe it was neglect of reading a posted sign, but I know for a fact that if the guy that is here complaining could have spoken up and told them they were doing wrong they would have been more than sorry and gotten right back on the trail. If you can waste the energy to gripe on here about them, you could have surely spoken up to them on the trail.

True I am sure they were not trying to break the rules on purpose. But at the same time in this day and age--anybody who thinks everything is what it was is living under a rock and need to play attention---ignorance won't get you out of a ticket--esp. down there...

If pirate wasn't blocked for me I would go over and read on the exact rules but I heard 25' -but I can't confirm that...

I'm probably wrong. I know there is a section where 50' off the trail is wilderness area.

Here ya go Crash

By Court Order (due to a lawsuit filed in 2005 against the USDA Forest Service), all vehicles must remain within 25 feet of centerline of the Rubicon Trail -- a non-maintained county road.

In other words, the USFS property on both sides of the Rubicon Trail are temporarily closed to vehicles. You must keep your vehicle within the county easement (50 feet total). Signs are up but are not always reliable. FOTR and county Sheriff personnel try to keep the signage current, but you can't count on it. You must know where the trail is.

IMPORTANT: the trail is only physically 8 to 10 feet wide; but the easement is 50 feet. This means there's some room to pull over here and there to let folks by, but it does NOT mean a free-for-all in that 50 feet of easement. Do not drive over vegetation or drive where vehicles have not gone. Stay on the well worn trail.

Buy books; use a current map; download GPS info from reliable sources; follow the signs; and learn where the real trail is before you go.

Driving off trail or over vegetation is considered resource damage and will cost you!

ALSO, the private property around Spider Lake remains closed to all vehicular access. All Private Property along the Rubicon Trail route needs to be respected. We just need to stay within the trail boundaries at all times. The Private Property owners are adamant that they do not want resource damage on their lands (as is the USFS).

Fines for off trail travel (resource damage) range from $175 to $275 or more for violations of the 50 foot easement (25 feet of centerline).

Note: you can camp or walk any where you want; you just can't take your vehicle outside the easement.

ONE MORE NOTE: Rubicon Soda Springs is private property and they have their own camping rules that you need to know when you use this private land. Contact the caretaker when you camp there. You can read more on renting camping spots at Rubicon Springs here.

PLEASE, it is up to us to obey this court order and to regain our normal access to the trail and the surrounding area. Support the organizations intervening in this lawsuit and who are supporting you and your access to the famed Rubicon Trail (BlueRibbon Coalition, Calif. Assoc. of 4Wheel Drive Clubs, the Rubicon Trail Foundation, and the Friends of the Rubicon (FOTR).

For more information, hit Del's website

Thanks, Scott Johnston

:rolleyes:

The guy that is here "complaining" didn't out anybody, but made a straight forward post about wheeling out of bounds. You said they would have apologized then, but since someone "griped" about it after the fact instead of at the moment it happened it is their fault?

I'm sure he could have surely spoken to them on the trail, but it wasn't his responsibility. I'm sure there were a lot of variables as to why he didn't approach them. Maybe he didn't want a confrontation. Maybe they were drunk. Maybe he was with his family and kids and didn't want to leave them alone. Who knows.

it wasn't his responsibility.

And yet, He posted it here. Personally i think everyone should be responsible to an extent. If i was off the trail at the con and someone told me i would get right back on it. Ive been concerned about this and will find a trail guide when i head down there.

True I am sure they were not trying to break the rules on purpose. But at the same time in this day and age--anybody who thinks everything is what it was is living under a rock and need to play attention---ignorance won't get you out of a ticket--esp. down there...

So True.
I live with the NEW trail rules. They suck. I here someone got a ticket on old sluce last weekend. If I get a ticket their I will fight it with all I have.
The rule is within 25 feet of centerline of the Trail. Keep off anything green. My opinion of these rules means nothing. All I tell everyone is DON'T BE DUMB.
The Rangers are giving us allot of room at the box. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6917657&postcount=21

Here is a quote I fully agree with

We have all had good experiences with rangers and poor experiences with shmucks. Here is the difference, before your liberal brotheren decided to legislate common sense, and protect the world we had something called personal reponsiblity. Durring that time as you pointed out the forests damn near managed themselves and nothing changed. THEN... we get mismanagment due to too much govt. and we have some shmuck whos job never needed to be there in the first place ticketing me for doing something that is not wrong yet has become illegal because you voted to fix the world and save the forests via govt. control.

Now who should be pissed? .

End quote

Our ****ing government cant get it's hand out of the greenies ass or it's head out of it's own. Not to bash any one here BUT our goverment only hires idiots. I've taken the test. I'm smart they don't want me.

Last edited:
And yet, He posted it here. Personally i think everyone should be responsible to an extent. If i was off the trail at the con and someone told me i would get right back on it. Ive been concerned about this and will find a trail guide when i head down there.

And it helped make everyone who may go down there aware of the 25' rule that Brian H posted the specifics on.

I see your point, but wouldn't consider it a "gripe." :beer: