• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Luke's family vacation to Sedona!

The Luke

Cliff notes:almost mud hole stomping/hookers/robbed/flight delays/two broken planes/puking more than the exorcist.

Rundown of our big family trip to Sedona: begin Saturday 3:30am. Flight 1:Nashville to Charlotte.
Caught guy next to Rachel and I on first flight sending an email that read "sitting next to the biggest couple on the air plane...." Flipped my ****. I'm fine with people saying **** to me. Nobody talks about my wife like that.

Connection plane in Charlotte had a "cosmetic abrasion". Moved over to third plane. Third plane sprung a hydraulic leak before we ever boarded. Flight cancelled.

Father in law got us into admirals club. Admirals club manager said our luggage was being held and we should kick back and have a drink while we get flights rescheduled. Flight scheduled for the next morning at 630am. Manager tells us we need to be there at 430am. Free hotel vouchers at the ramada inn which is in the hood/shares a parking lot with a titty bar. Luggage turned out to get sent to Las Angeles. No one knows why.

Rachel and I had all of our prescription meds and phone charger stolen from room while at dinner. Cops called. Manager suddenly finds meds. While I'm waiting in noticing lots of hookers walking around. Finally done, Barricaded the door. Got to bed around 1:30am. Up at 3:30am to get ready to go to the airport.

Spoke with manager at airline. He said they have a request to have that hotel removed from the airports list of vouchers. Because their employees that got put up there had their doors kicked in in the middle of the night, they were beaten, and robbed. And that apparently it's the go to hot spot for hookers and whatever drugs you could ever need.

Once we arrived in Phoenix, everyone's baggage is in a different spot. 3 of the 8 family members bags were on our connecting flight on Sunday. 4 of the others were waiting for us in Phoenix. And mine showed up on a baggage carrousel that came in from Charlotte. End day 2.

Two days later Rachel comes down with a stomach virus and has spent the last 14 hrs puking anywhere that will catch vomit. Including my feet.

Still have three days left. Got her on some prescription meds to straighten all that out. Hopefully she's feeling better tomorrow.

We have done some fun stuff. Today was rough. Took a bitchin jeep tour yesterday up to carrousel rock. I highly recommend everyone adds Sedona to your bucket list.
5f7bcf7ad8940505d8046468ee7a6d20.jpg
8961522a150230d6b637771f682f3f10.jpg
d6189152336e3a6e7d00823c89b6bc91.jpg
de8d92e6130c24b9f357eff036c2e808.jpg
07f2027ad2cbff329a00cc7912d0837d.jpg

Re:

Go to the ghost town dude has so many cool old cars and a huge propane engine that use to power a silver mine he will crank it up for you

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sounds like y'all were in Memphis :****:

Never heard of Sedona before now. Looks like a cool place. Something about mountains with no trees is still weird to me when I go out west.

karatejosh said:
Go to the ghost town dude has so many cool old cars and a huge propane engine that use to power a silver mine he will crank it up for you

We went there today. Except about the time we pulled into town, the wife started puking her guts out. So while the rest of the family ran around shopping and such, I hung out at the van with her and running back and forth trying to find Gatorade and whatever. So we didn't get to see anything.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Do they allow you to climb into the cavehouse thingies? If not, sounds like a wasted trip. :dunno:
they stopped allowing people to do that in the 70's. They had some laser engineering team come in a couple years ago and they said it has about 30 years before it all comes tumbling down.

Looks like a cool trip. If there are 8 of you, why don't you get one of them other 6 goobers to get a good picture of the two of you :dunno: Usually when a trip starts out crappy, it ends really well. I'll say a few prayers you can enjoy the rest of it.

Lol we've got other good pics of us. That was one of the wife's impromptu selfies. She's feeling better today. Loaded up on meds and off to the Grand Canyon.

Thanks for posting. We are headed to Sedona soon. We were there in 2010. A local Jeeper led us around and told us about some good stuff. He said we were there for 50% of the annual rain fall. :eek:

Please post more pics!

Re:

I have ever a cool book I bought wile I was there of every offroad Trail there is went on my honeymoon for 10 days wife stayed in the enchanted resort I rented a jeep at the airport got all the insurance and beat the crap out of it got a rzr for 3 days that was fun also

I'll post more once we get home. Despite listening to my step mother in law complain about everything and the speed bumps on the way here, we have had an amazing time. My wife and I agree that the scenery, although very different, beats our trip to Hawaii.

It isn't the most extreme trails. But I cannot recommend strong enough to take the sunset ride with "Day in the West" tour company to carousel rock. Hands down the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen. The sunsets out here are phenomenal. We wanted to do the "broken arrow trail". But, apparently it's been booked since last April. So start calling now if you want to book that.

Also, save your pennies and rent a jeep or sxs. There are trails every 200 yards out here.

Checkout "schnebly hill rd". It's an old state road that runs along the old munz wagon trail. It's rental jeep/sxs/Kia worthy. It is the shortest route from Sedona to flag staff. But is wore out, rutted, rocky, trail if you start from the Sedona side. The flagstaff side is an exit off the interstate that is paved for the first six miles then dumps you off onto the actual trail. Your gps will actually take you that way.

karatejosh said:
I have ever a cool book I bought wile I was there of every offroad Trail there is went on my honeymoon for 10 days wife stayed in the enchanted resort I rented a jeep at the airport got all the insurance and beat the crap out of it got a rzr for 3 days that was fun also

man, I would love to have that book. I'll look for it before we leave.

We love Sedona and have been there twice. We rented a Rubicon for a day and tried to hit every trail that we could find. Red Rock State Park is great with a good short scenic hike to Oak Creek with a creek side view of Cathedral Rock.

The only place more beautiful to me is Zion National Park in Utah. We stay in Springdale which is near the entrance.

Sorry about that.

Here are a few I had on my phone. I made a video that I loaded to Facebook. I'll have to put it on YouTube so I can link it here. Honestly, one of the most scenic vacations I've ever taken. Close to beating Hawaii. Damn good food and booze around every corner.
51402327d7b6dde38081a190951a39cf.jpg
46451338275165893d7f3b0c2b6f4aa5.jpg
a92be4e70973973b535c905eaf172b5a.jpg
d7c76ac86e5e94e2e573b87140ca1362.jpg
c61967ce71842ccdbd883b7605c9b0fb.jpg
1b06f7258904f1d3eafe489ab4da8eb6.jpg
d3b20ac7da30df788e00ca459204ef75.jpg
ebb8bfb85c2ef2c1204641929693a367.jpg

Link to the video on YouTube. I know the song is hipsterish. My brother in law flipped his **** when he found out the song was about where we were headed. So I put it on there to make him happy. Now go watch the video a million times so I get bustedknuckle money. http://youtu.be/aSSWxSj7nuM

If you liked the ruins at Montezuma's Castle in Green Valley, go up to Walnut Canyon near Flagstaff. It's a short drive from Sedona. You can actually walk into/through the indian ruins that are there.

Latest posts