• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The R/C Hitman!!!

ColbyJohnson419

Been building this for a while and have finally got it up to a roller status. I love the real hitman, it sounds good, it handles amazing, and Travis can flat out drive that SOB. Was honored when he had me build this for him. Its taken me forever to get it to this point but the time I have put into it shows. I love it!

Got steel inserts in the axles to keep from breaking housings, aluminum knuckles and axle C's, heavy duty gears and lockers, MIP steel shafts, heavy duty trans gears and a helluva lot of RC horse power to bounce like the real one does.

Here are some pictures, I hope you guys dont mind me posting this RC build thread up here. :dblthumb:

Untitled by colby419, on Flickr

Re: The R/C Hitman!!!

I built it for lovett. We are going to get some pics of the real hitman and RC hitman together and have Travis autograph it and sell it here on hardline.

Re: Re: The R/C Hitman!!!

Would you want to build a copy of my cj8
if so what would you charge

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I could do that, problem is a cj8 body is hard to find in the rc world. Very rare and stupid expensive. I could build a body but would take a little too long. Up to you, message me.

What do you use for tubing and what is the diameter? Also, how do you connect tubing? Weld, braze, solder?

I generally use solid steel rolled round 3/16in and 1/8in rod. I use a lincoln electric MIG welder but im not using the gas, its just electric wire feed.

Pretty soon i will be getting into TIG welding. If i have to put on little detailed mounts and things i braze those on

Got it to bouncin! Need to remember to dye its mohawk black
utypy7es.jpg

Thanks man! Detailing it is going to be one of the last steps. Im gonna put seats and a dash in it as well. I want to try and get some stickers made so i dont have to hand paint stuff on the side.

Its flying though!
ugy3e5u3.jpg

Definitely have skills!!! That's got to be time consuming, I bought an axial scorpion years ago, took me forever to put that thing together!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that looks AWESOME man! that pic of it on the hill, the only reason i realized it was an RC is there wasnt a driver in it!

Thank you guys! Brandon, i probably have a cumulative time of about 80 hours total from the ground up in it. Ive never spent this much time on one of these, but its payed off! Had alot of fun at RBD watching all these buggies, and thoroughly enjoyed bouncin around in hitman. As soon as i get a solid good paying job i will be building a real buggy.

Alot of people like to ask me what my favorite part of building these buggies is. Id have to say its capturing the details that Smith, Sosebee, Coleworx, etc put into their buggies to make them unique from the other buggies. I got to working on Haddens Anger Management buggy today. I love the lines of this buggy and the front is cool as hell.
5y9a8yzu.jpg

ypu6a5a4.jpg

ze8a6ehe.jpg

ybeha4y5.jpg

Thanks man!

Really trying to knock this buggy out, got a good bit more done today. I need to pick up some dremel bits to take care of some unwanted weld.
hyryjevu.jpg

unuda2em.jpg