• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thinking about dropping a deposit on a Jimmy Smith Chassis....post up some pics!

Glen1978

Sun does shine on a DOGS ASS!
Well I think I got my Yota truggy sold and sold some other crap. Kickin around dropping a deposit on a chassis. Talked to Jimmy this morning about some pricing. Planning on two seater, 383 stroker on pane, TH350 and prolly a 3.8 Atlas. Tons and 44's. Ive seen several of his chassis in videos and pics here and there but would like to consolidate them all so I can pic some stuff I like about them all. Most of you guys just run auto, NP205 and some 5.38's in the axles.....is this working for you guys with a mid 20's CR? I know most of you TN guys dont crawl much to speak of and I dont care for it but some places I frequent require it. Give me some feedback on that too if you dont mind. Thanks

Enjoyed my buggy, jimmy's a jam up guy, easy to work with. I ran 205 and 538's, just according to ur style. I didn't care to crawl in that rig, but it worked real good that way. Starting again I would do the 3.8 atlas with 4.56's or even 4.10's.

Yeah he seemed really easy going talking to him on the phone. I have always been a fan of leaving the axles alone and gearing the tcase. If I bust a set of 4.10 gears or 4.56 I can get them from Joe Blow down the road.....not have to order crap. 4.10's would put me at 39 to 1 and 4.56's would put me at 43 to 1. I guess it would be whatever I found a deal on. You can always find 4.10 geared tons for sale and put a 4.3 Atlas in and get 44 to 1. Im not a crawling fan I was just born in the wrong place....lol!

Not throwing a wrench in the gears or taken away business from jimmy, but u may call Labronn at CSC fab. He just built a balls out chassis that is here on the board that turned out nice. Real good guy to deal with to. I think either of these builders will get you in something that will be extremely tuff. I have delt with both guys and they are as good a guys as they come.

That is a sexy beast....wow! I just picked up a Vortec 350 engine tonight.....hell its already startin. Im pretty sure I got my current rig sold but if not already gettin feelers out to part it out and keep the tons out from under it.

I'm gonna keep a close eye on this thread, I have seen some Jimmy chassis' go through some hell!! He is a great guy. I spoke with him last month in regards to a chassis build next year. This will be a great thread for certain and I am sure you will get a lot of ideas for your new rig! Cant wait to see it finished!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

I am really pleased with how my chassis turned out from CSC. I have seen alot of Smith Chassis that are killer as well, Rodney's yellow rig was awsome. No matter who you use, make sure its what you want.
I wanted Rockwells and 47s in a low slung chassis with big horsepower. And this is what I have:
2010-11-16_17-38-37_385-1.jpg

2010-11-16_17-38-54_174-1.jpg

2010-11-16_17-39-13_56.jpg

1_IMG950685.jpg

2009-12-06162458-1.jpg

Swafford Racing said:
jimmy and tommy built my chassis alittle over a yr ago.they build some killer buggys thanks
this chassis looks sweeeet. probably one of the best i've seen

Jimmy built mine in october did killer job and eazy as hell to deal with! Jimmy and Tommy skilled mf'ers!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Swafford Racing said:
jimmy and tommy built my chassis alittle over a yr ago.they build some killer buggys thanks
Kenny you bout got this ride ready to go buddy? I need to stop by and check it out again havent saw it in a few months

allmost done i wasnt in no hurry when i started..i should be done in a few weeks...jimmy been given me hell because it took me so long lol,but im picky and wanted a good looking buggy.so ya about got the jeep done

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nice!! Id like to see pic with front under it when ya get time. getting ready to start on my links as soon as get my parts from RuffStuff

Very sweet lookin buggies here guys.....all of them! I started a Rockwell/47" LTB rig last year but ended up selling out. Im gonna go with D60/14 bolt this time with some 44's. Simple and it works.