• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

This week in the garage.....

P said:
So we all stay pretty busy doing "stuff" we should have a this week in the garage post be more fun than just Friday ! laughing1
I'm on vacation this week but I've been working with wood instead of metal. This is a bench for my son's school.

PC290280.JPG

P said:
Just got back from the nuts and bolt warehouse, Im going to give these stud's a try the chamfer on the heads of these bolts matches the arm's I guess Ill lock tight the **** outta them and hope for the best. I gotta make a new TieRod regardless so that will be incorporated into teh hysteer then Ill bend a ram guard and weld it up as well.

If UPS shows up with my Orbital Ill be installing the new one as well, I also want to purchase a new * better * Fuel Pump and see how that does. Need to pull my drives front and have it patched inside were it has decided it would like to leak slowly from... its always something ! laughing1

Also been working on the Ol Man's Willy's it will get brought over to the house soon for engine re-install, new harness , tranny and Tcase and whatever else it needs to get it back in a state of mobility. Fawker has sat for almost 3 years now it seems like !

I was running bolts in mine and they kept working loose. I forget the thread pitch but it was 9/16 rod grade 8 I purchased. I made studs and used double nuts to lock them down. Oh and red lock tight. I have 1 trip on them and they are holding. Before I would have to tighten them at least once a ride. Maybe you will have better luck than me.

draggbody said:
use studs and 1/2-20 lug nuts w/ a "shoulder" like for aluminum wheels... they will be 60 degree taper... thank me later... and use a **** ton of loctite....

X2 ARP studs, lug nuts and dont look back! Even though my new Jimmys arms are not tapered, but still running ARPs with grade elleventy billion lock nylock nuts.

Marty said:
X2 ARP studs, lug nuts and dont look back! Even though my new Jimmys arms are not tapered, but still running ARPs with grade elleventy billion lock nylock nuts.

X3
After I broke the studs that came with the BTF arms, I bought the ARP studs with no problems since.

Meh the steering re-duex was completely ****ed from jump street . The holes in the arm's arent "square" so as I pulled them down it wedged and started pulling threads outta the knuckle. Got them all back out and re-tapped the knuckle. Ill just wait till I can aford to do it right, it isnt worth all that ****.

So woods and I went to wally world and went on an audio shopping spree. The buggy has tunes now ! loller.gif I brought the half of the dash I had already cut in to cut for the speaker, gonna have to make the other half to mount the other fwd speaker. Also brought my leaking tire and wheel in to see if I can find someone to put a patch on it at lunch ... any one in B'ham have suggestions ??? :dunno:

If you take a tractor tire - or any tire I guess to GCR here in the shoals to get it vulcanized they send it to their shop in BHM> Not sure where it is but they will do it

Here is the location.....

Store name: GCR Tire Centers - Birmingham (1176)
Address 3340 Vanderbilt Rd.
City, State/Province, Zip Birmingham, AL 35217
Manager: Mack Clark
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 205-322-6602
Fax:
Map: Click here.

J.A.B said:
Here is the location.....

Store name: GCR Tire Centers - Birmingham (1176)
Address 3340 Vanderbilt Rd.
City, State/Province, Zip Birmingham, AL 35217
Manager: Mack Clark
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 205-322-6602
Fax:
Map: Click here.

Cool, just called them man about to head over there and drop it off thanks !

They also do "section repair" Im going to get the skinny on that **** ! :afro:

Gonna get started on bagging and linking a 66 Chevy truck frame. Not our normal thang but hey it should be kinda cool for a change.

So section repair and vulcanizing are one in the same?

GCR charges about $50.00 bucks to vulcanize one.

Got the tire pumped up today. thumb.gif
Of course , another problem always arises. :dunno:
I need a new or less squeeeeley idler pully. ::)
I also broke my comp 9000 TMax winching out of the gully. :(
Then i promptly made up for the broke winch by powering through getting all the way out of the gully. loller.gif

P.S I rolled/flopped trying to get out of the gully laughing1

I don't know if those fancy fuel cell straps will pass tech. You might want to look at replacing those with something fancier, like zip ties. thumb.gif

Sam nice tray,as far as your fuel cell straps, I dont appprove. I like orange much better than the red ones :flipoff1:

Sam, these guys obvioulsy dont konw what they are talking about. I ran those same tank straps for YEARS on the Turd without incident and that thing was rolled numerous times ! thumb.gif

The black ones work much better though. and you have to put the ratchet end down so as to not draw hater's

Well my hood is finally ready for paint, what a PITA that ways. I know Joe hates it! I think we are painting on Thursday.

I am hanging with Daniel and Cole at Truck Supply now. Interior panels are gonna be lined with the sweetness. Got my spare wheel/tire mounted also and the broken bolts out of my rear axle. Gonna work in the shop some when I get home.