• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tips for welding upside-down?

drich394 said:
thanks ill have to start trying it more often, , and as far as slag in the ear- :eek: , never thought about that

It's because you've already fried what little brain you had. loller.gif

RobbyBobby said:
don't weld upside down, hell i set my fawking balls on fire doin that ****.....next time you need to weld somethin on the bottom of yer rig, just take it out in the yard and do donuts till it flips over, then you can weld in the normal position
He is pretty good at flopping and flipping ;D Damn Ryan why didn't you think of that, I'll come winch you back over on all 4's :flipoff1:

I hate welding upside down ,I had a TINY ball of weld fall into my left ear last year....THE **** OUCH... :****:

I swear it felt like it rolled down into my freakin neck :eek:

Ear didn,t hear so well for bout a week.

So my tip is this........EVERY TIME I WELD UPSIDE DOWN NOW,.....I put in a set of EAR PLUGS :****:

I don,t even wont to know the results had it been a BIG BALL OF WELD :eek:

Also my Dad knew a guy that was welding exhaust , and a BIG BALL of weld fell off , went in his mouth , down his throat, & burned its way out of his throat & into his chest cavity,reeking havock,

The guy DIED a few years later from complications from it .

RobbyBobby said:
don't weld upside down, hell i set my fawking balls on fire doin that ****.....next time you need to weld somethin on the bottom of yer rig, just take it out in the yard and do donuts till it flips over, then you can weld in the normal position

Blacksheep and I have both discussed this one.
Summer time, welding in shorts and flipflops thats just how we do it.
You get under a car/truck/tractor/rig sitting on your ass w/ arms resting on your knees to steady the stinger over your head.....and BAM a molten ball of nut burning havoc drops out of the puddle. Your shorts now inverted up and open, act like a catchers mitt for this bullet of burning fury. Then the inseam of your shorts forms this nice super highway with a final destination of your sack, taint and anus.
The fury hauls ass down your shorts like a japanese bullet train, when it slams into your scrot, you will jump/scurry/scream/smack your head/punch your junk/and generally retard it up for a solid amount of time.
Burnt pubs, blistered beanbag, holes in your underwear, and generally crushed manhood make ya walk funny for a few days, and reconsider ever picking up a stinger again.

I have friends who weld as hot as they possibly can no matter what they are working on. If you're one of those guys turn your heat down.

Otherwise, just watch your puddle closely. If a ball starts to form and get heavy I stop and let it cool down a bit. By watching your puddle close enough you can prevent that even. I can weld almost as good upside down as upside-right by watching my puddle closely. If at all possible though I flip whatever I can to prevent having to do it.

J. J.

patooyee said:
I have friends who weld as hot as they possibly can no matter what they are working on. If you're one of those guys turn your heat down.

Otherwise, just watch your puddle closely. If a ball starts to form and get heavy I stop and let it cool down a bit. By watching your puddle close enough you can prevent that even. I can weld almost as good upside down as upside-right by watching my puddle closely. If at all possible though I flip whatever I can to prevent having to do it.

J. J.

The key to all welding is watching the puddle. You can determine if you have the proper travel speed, arc lenght, and amp setting. Also very key part is penetration. :woody:

InDaShop said:
You get under a car/truck/tractor/rig sitting on your ass w/ arms resting on your knees to steady the stinger over your head.....and BAM a molten ball of nut burning havoc drops out of the puddle. Your shorts now inverted up and open, act like a catchers mitt for this bullet of burning fury. Then the inseam of your shorts forms this nice super highway with a final destination of your sack, taint and anus.
The fury hauls ass down your shorts like a japanese bullet train, when it slams into your scrot, you will jump/scurry/scream/smack your head/punch your junk/and generally retard it up for a solid amount of time.
Burnt pubs, blistered beanbag, holes in your underwear, and generally crushed manhood make ya walk funny for a few days, and reconsider ever picking up a stinger again.

that is some funny ****......... beanbag

Are you talking about welding where the 2x6 meets the stock sheet metal at the bottom? If its possible try to clean it up a bit more, especially the stock stuff. Dont even mess with the flux core if your buddy is bringing mix gas. What machine are you running?

sledneck said:
Are you talking about welding where the 2x6 meets the stock sheet metal at the bottom? If its possible try to clean it up a bit more, especially the stock stuff. Dont even mess with the flux core if your buddy is bringing mix gas. What machine are you running?

Yes its the sheet metal. I told him to prep it and wait for the gas but he's Ryan. Its a northern tool 135 decent machine to me we havent had any problems. Ryan post up some pics of youre leg :popcorn: :popcorn:

ranger11 said:
Yes its the sheet metal. I told him to prep it and wait for the gas but he's Ryan. Its a northern tool 135 decent machine to me we havent had any problems. Ryan post up some pics of youre leg :popcorn: :popcorn:
Yea, What Richard said, post up pictures of your leg and/or start a new thread "How not to use a grinder" :cougar:

yeah, i ll start a new one soon on jeep repair wounds...... :flipgotcha: ,,,
IMG_20110125_202146.jpg
IMG_20110125_202814.jpg
there, happy????

ranger11 said:
Richard, you getting some gas for the weekend? , also, give me a list of what you need from PAP im planning on heading other on the goose chase early Friday am.

InDaShop said:

molaugh :wtflol: Yeah but look at all the moolah you'll save on your up coming nut snipping!

ranger11 said:
Thats not as bad as you made it sound........

Just bring me a hp 60. thumb.gif

I think im good
i didnt make it sound bad at all :flipgotcha: ,but a 1/4" depth is more than enough to require a through washing, tetinus, and possible stitching, -=-- you guys just gossip too much molaugh , and what do you speak of on HP?

Latest posts