• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire vulcanizing around North Alabama.

There is a place in boaz , about an hour from you it's mcnut tire . It's the only place I know of

I believe there is a tire place in Priceville area that does it. The name slips my mind at the moment.

Store in priceville is USA tire. I don't know if they vulcanize though kinda small operation. They do big tractor tires I know that

Mcnutt used to get $50 but that has been a few years. He is easy to find go through Boaz on 431 and he is on the right before you drop off the mountain into Attalla

Jpyke15 said:
Store in priceville is USA tire. I don't know if they vulcanize though kinda small operation. They do big tractor tires I know that

They fixed a sidewall for me on a 35 X 12.50 about 3 years ago for $30. The gash was large enough to stick a 2x4 thru. I had to leave the tire and they called about a week later when it was fixed.

I now have two 35" tires that have small sidewall gashes. otherwise, great tread...

Anywhere closer to bham? Got some friends this way that have one or two as well.

I think JohnG told me a place towards Tuscaloosa I believe? Bout ready to make a trip...

A&R tire on Flat Top rd in West Jefferson can do them. A buddy of mine had a 42" pittbull done a while back. It was cut right at the bead and they fixed it. thumb.gif

:wtflol:
RustyC said:
A&R tire on Flat Top rd in West Jefferson can do them. A buddy of mine had a 42" pittbull done a while back. It was cut right at the bead and they fixed it. thumb.gif

Thanks!
Looking them up, they're 45 minutes from me. But I'll call them and if they can do it, it's worth it.

Re: Tire vulcanizing around North Alabama.

du9a9yza.jpg

by9ybevy.jpg

FML.
Just called A&R and asked if they can take two tires, he said "probably, what kinda tire is it?"
"35 inch BFG"
"It's not a AT KO is it??"
"Yessir"
"Those sidewalls are too thin to repair..."

LOL! And fuggin whaaa at the same time!

Anyone seen This process done? I have seen a good bit of "old vintage tire Vulcanizing irons" on eBay.. Just curious if anyone has tried to repair one themselves. Figured as crafty as some of y'all are on here that someone has tried it. Is the process just basically melting the tire back together??