• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tires, wheels, and beadlocks

ronin-sj410

Lookn to upgrade tires wheels and get beadlocks.

Tires) I'm thinking TSL super swamper SX's in a 38X12.5. Spend most of my time at Walker and Elbe. Been hearing alot about "pitbull rock beasts" but never heard of them. Kinda old school and always thought the swampers were best for mud and rocks. Also this is a trailer rig so would bias ply be better than the sx's?

Wheels) currently running a 15X8 steel D style. Is this still a good size for the 38X12.5?

Beadlocks) I have no clue???

Suggestions, opinions...all appreciated. Thanks

Don't go cheap on the beadlocks if you are going to use them. I bought those stupid Rockathon steel ones and hated them. They bend easy. I would save for a nice set of cast beadlocks or maybe DIY kits with thick rock rings and anti-coning rings.

Lookn to upgrade tires wheels and get beadlocks.

Tires) I'm thinking TSL super swamper SX's in a 38X12.5. Spend most of my time at Walker and Elbe. Been hearing alot about "pitbull rock beasts" but never heard of them. Kinda old school and always thought the swampers were best for mud and rocks. Also this is a trailer rig so would bias ply be better than the sx's?

Wheels) currently running a 15X8 steel D style. Is this still a good size for the 38X12.5?

Beadlocks) I have no clue???

Suggestions, opinions...all appreciated. Thanks
Beadlocks; Trailready Local manufacturer, super strong, well built, made is USA (and I think they're the only ones still made here) and look great. Pretty sure John at Auburn Car Care is a dealer for them.

SXs are BIAS ply. Lumpy as **** and chunky as hell! :D

Best NW mud and woods tire ever. Once broken in they kick ass. Largest lug depth and voids of any 38 inch swamper made. :awesomework:

Drop your wheels and sx's off with Casey. He'll install a set of beadlocks on your rims and groove up the tires for you. It's a winning combo for running Elbe. :awesomework:

Drop your wheels and sx's off with Casey. He'll install a set of beadlocks on your rims and groove up the tires for you. It's a winning combo for running Elbe. :awesomework:

I'm on it. Heading down to order tires and wheels today assuming the 15X8 rims are a good match. Can you send me a PM with some contact info for Casey please. Thanks for the info guys!!!:awesomework::beer:

Yes, when you weld on DIY beadlocks it adds an inch to the width so 9" will work just fine. Casey at Jaws Offroad in Orting 253-332-1307 He's the big guy that was in the black 1st gen Saturday.