• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Top 3 list

Eddyj

You guys have a top 3 list of hills or obstacles that you'd like to make it up in your rigs?
I have like a top 20 but a couple have always stuck out. Not because they are the hardest or impossible, just because they hold some sort of meaning or you've just been denied on them repeatedly.
Today I finally made it up Violator at Choc. I remember the first time I rode in Alabama, in my Jeep, I seen that hill and thought "there ain't no damn way someone drove up that". Little did I realize it was rather easy back then. You just had to have the sack to do it.

Top 3
1. Cable hill (grey rock)
2. Violator (choccolocco)
3. Who's your daddy (stony lonesome)

Boat ramp. I've tried it on numerous occasions. With and without stickies. Slow or fast. It doesn't matter, I've never driven up it. I've ridden up it multiple times, even once in reverse (with a guy who had the smoothest hands and brightest lights you've ever seen on a rusty Samurai buggy).

I always assumed that was B.S...
Not the soft hands part, that is very true.

We played on boat ramp today. It sure has changed in the last 3 years.

I have been up cable hill and violator and boat ramp forwards and backwards in my old Sammy, but cable hill was powder dry and still was difficult.

extremetownie said:
1 Showtime chco
2 Creme puff harlan
3( 1 Shot) Maverick Hawks Pride

The exit at creampuff is getting crazy hard. Unless it's changed since last fall.

Boatramp is my number 1. I've never actually tried it. Wife always says let's wait till tomorrow in case you break and won't get to ride both days and I've always broke before I got to try. Hopefully going in a few weeks and it's getting hit early, doubt I'll make it with my hard ass TSLs and lack of power but I'm finally going to put tires on it.

I got violated on Friday at choco.
Ed made it up violator. Was pretty awesome to watch.
151fb2fd30e6d986890112a2948ec55c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

We hit boatramp a bit. Was fun. But i think my favorite was the dam spectator exit to the right of boat ramp. 3rd gear hp and burn em for a min.

cbrjeeper said:
We hit boatramp a bit. Was fun. But i think my favorite was the dam spectator exit to the right of boat ramp. 3rd gear hp and burn em for a min.

That thing has gotten nasty. It used to be all dirt and was easy peasy. It's interesting in a full body rig now.

creepycrawly said:
Boat ramp. I've tried it on numerous occasions. With and without stickies. Slow or fast. It doesn't matter, I've never driven up it. I've ridden up it multiple times, even once in reverse (with a guy who had the smoothest hands and brightest lights you've ever seen on a rusty Samurai buggy).

You're better at going down hills rather than up. When in doubt, look for the unopened crackers on the trail and we will find you. :flipoff1:

Guard Rail
Cable hill
Maverick

ADMINISTRATOR

I wanna hit them all but I would love to try to drive Cable Hill.

Been up Creampuff and Waterfall at Harlan on a dry day. Creampuff when it's wet (or just even a little moist...) is plain nasty.

I managed to climb cable hill years ago on 36" bias IROKs. It was completely bone dry that weekend (the whole park was a damn dust bowl), but I still climbed it. Those are some huge steps. Same weekend Bassler did his backflip in the Ultra4 car. lol

I'd like to get over Pony Hill. I've made it to the big hole in the middle, but never past that. It's a crap shoot every trip if it'll even be in shape to get tires on it.
I've never given CreamPuff a serious try, but I'd put that in the list.
Little Jager rounds out mine. That's one we always seem to get to the first night we are in town and I don't really try all that hard to make it.

I'd like to do Slickrock at Tellico. My jeep has been up it before it was mine. First time i ever went riding was to tellico the last weekend Slickrock was open.

lower 2 because everyone always talks about how hard it was and i just want to see if i can do it.

bgredjeep said:
I managed to climb cable hill years ago on 36" bias IROKs. It was completely bone dry that weekend (the whole park was a damn dust bowl), but I still climbed it. Those are some huge steps. Same weekend Bassler did his backflip in the Ultra4 car. lol

I'd like to get over Pony Hill. I've made it to the big hole in the middle, but never past that. It's a crap shoot every trip if it'll even be in shape to get tires on it.
I've never given CreamPuff a serious try, but I'd put that in the list.
Little Jager rounds out mine. That's one we always seem to get to the first night we are in town and I don't really try all that hard to make it.

The hole on pony hill will swallow a 43sx and then some, its undercut also as you know. After the front tire is out you better be committed for sure. I've blasted up creampuff and crawled it a few times but ony if it's dry. You never know what your getting with little jagger, its different everytime in my opinion.