• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Torque Pro android app

grcthird

Birmingham, AL
Just got the adapter in the mail today and downloaded the app, basically it is a small OBD2 adapter that plugs into the port on the car and communicates via bluetooth to your phone. Only played with it a little but it looks to be capable of doing many things that a cheap scanner can't for way less $. I'm going to play with it this week at work and see how I like it, the app is $5 (there is a free version that does less) and the adapter was $24. thumb.gif
Adapters are cheap enough I might order one for the truck and the car and leave them in the ports.
OBD2 adapter
http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Brand-Bluetooth-diagnostics-compatible/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=pd_cp_e_0

Torque Pro app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&feature=search_result

I have it as well. Works pretty good. Still learning my way around it. Small enough to carry on the trails, I would have my phone anyway.

I have one that I leave in my truck. Works good for clearing random codes, or if I forget to hit the tow/haul button and slip the trans.

I got the smallest one so I could just leave it in

Update, been using this for a couple of weeks at work. Got to say that it is way easier to use than most scanners and faster at updating live data as well. I have an Actron entry level scanner that I bought from Advance a coupla years ago and it was over 3 times what this app and dongle cost and doesn't do as much. The only thing I wish Torque would do is show pending codes.
The OBD2 adapter is small enough that I just carry it in my pocket at work, it also works with other car related apps. I bought the Car Gauge Pro app to see what all it does but haven't really played with it much yet.
The only thing I would recommend is to keep the satellite feature (for GPS 1/4 mile times ect) turned off so it doesn't run down the battery in the phone. But otherwise this is the shiz and dolla fo dolla beats the crap out of any entry level type scanner. thumb.gif

Just waiting on the day I leave the adapter in a car and have to buy another one.