• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow Rig Questions and a little story

Dang thats crazy that the guy lived. That car is demolished. Someone was looking out for the both of you.

If you ripped off his roof with your truck, you are one lucky person for not rollimg over. The Big Man has other plans for you and the other driver. Glad you made it out alright. thumb.gif

I ended up finding a truck down in Sarasota that I liked. 06 6.0, auto, CC. lariat, sunroof, 124,000 miles. It was a good deal.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Great looking truck man. Been looking myself and have found a 01 dodged with the HO Turbo Diesel(174,331 miles) ,clean truck, no body or paint damage at all, Int. in perfect cond., new batteries, tires, and has papers on all the maintenance including oil changes and such. Never own a diesel and was wandering if this was a good deal at $9,000. Also what to expect out of it as for cost of the maintenance and how often do you do it . I've messed with gas but never diesel.

I put 1200 miles on my 1st diesel, and have only put 600 on this one, so I don't know anything about mant. I didn't look at too many dodges that old, but of the ones I looked at, that seems pretty decent. At 174k, I wouldn't worry about the motor, it the rest of the truck you need to look over carefully, so BS stuff doesn't nickle and dime you.

Rescue1 said:
Great looking truck man. Been looking myself and have found a 01 dodged with the HO Turbo Diesel(174,331 miles) ,clean truck, no body or paint damage at all, Int. in perfect cond., new batteries, tires, and has papers on all the maintenance including oil changes and such. Never own a diesel and was wandering if this was a good deal at $9,000. Also what to expect out of it as for cost of the maintenance and how often do you do it . I've messed with gas but never diesel.

9K is not a bad price for that truck at all if it is 4x4. I would however be cautious of the dodge auto trans - if 6 speed then you good to go. I just sold a 99 2500 4x4 for only $500 less than that and lost my ass.