• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow rig tires. Which ones are good?

Beyer

DC1
I am ready for a new set of tires for the F250. Load range D. All terrain. Either 285-75-16 or 295-75-16.
What are good tires for price, traction, and long-wearing? Nitto? Toyo? BFG's?
I currently have Wal-mart Uniroyals and only got 40,000 miles and they sucked the whole time. :puke:

i have nitto terra grappler's on my dodge they are ok. i have about 30,000 miles on them and i would say they are about 1/4 life left on them. never used them offroad much but in the slick stuff they suck but hey its a street tire and they are quite on the road. i think i will go with something more aggressive on the next tire.

Cole said:
I would run either BFG All terrains or Toyos.
the BFGs are nice, but toyos have a better price... i sell quite a few sets of the toyo A/Ts and have great feedback...

Hard to beat BFG or Toyo. I have had BFG MT's, KM2's and AT's. Got the most life out of AT's and the ride is great. Really wanted to try out Toyo AT's but can't find them around me and got a great deal on BFG's..

My KM2's look cool but at 30k they are all but bald...

nitto mud grapplers suck...
iv got 10k out of them and seem to be wearing good but the loud ass grawl is :gay:

jtreeves1 said:
nitto mud grapplers suck...
iv got 10k out of them and seem to be wearing good but the loud ass grawl is :gay:

I think Nitto is made my Toyo also, but I have always read the same thing which is the tread life sucks. I think the Tera or Dura Grapplers (HT and AT tread) tires they make are the only ones that get decent mileage and it is still on the low side.

I have gotten over 50k out of BFG AT's and several people have told me Toyo's are the best tires they have ever owned..

BFGS all the way put them on at 32,000 took them off at 110,000 they were wore out but still road smooth and quit replace with the same should be the last set I put on the truck.

Man I have run D's on mine for a long time and towed heavy, never had a problem. I hated my E's, they rode like **** unloaded and that is how I drive the most

im running the goodyear duratracs on mine in the E load range. great tire and wear really great. highly recommend them for a decent tow rig tire

Cole said:
Why is that?

great tread life, less cupping, and the ride is great... My bfg at's are still unbalanced and are smooth as glass loaded or unloaded...
have a couple friends that run them on their tacomas, and ride just fine... and they truly last forever on a light truck.

I'm with Matt on this one, KM2's look good but they wear fast! The old Mud Terrains (KO's???) I was always able to get 50k out of a set of 35's with a good rotate schedule. My 285 KM2's must be stickies cause they are seriously burning off. I'm at 20k on them since January and they MIGHT have 10k left in them.

Doesnt matter though I'll still be replacing them with new KM2's cause they are quite, look the part, and get it done everytime I've had to take it out of the mall parking lot.

InDaShop said:
I'm with Matt on this one, KM2's look good but they wear fast! The old Mud Terrains (KO's???) I was always able to get 50k out of a set of 35's with a good rotate schedule. My 285 KM2's must be stickies cause they are seriously burning off. I'm at 20k on them since January and they MIGHT have 10k left in them.

Doesnt matter though I'll still be replacing them with new KM2's cause they are quite, look the part, and get it done everytime I've had to take it out of the mall parking lot.

Yeah I should take mine off because there is not much left, but I am going to keep rocking them until they are bald. 31k on mine, if that and they look terrible. Basically lasted 18 months.

Has BFG changed something about the ATs? I am running BFG ATs, D rated, on my truck now and I ****ING HATE THEM! I've ran BFGs for years and years on every vehicle I've owned and have always been happy but for some reason this set has been very loud, louder than the KM2s I ran for a while. This is the 3rd set I've had on this truck, I don't know if it was a bad set or if they have changed something but from ~12,000 miles on they have been unbearable. I too am about to get new tires and am looking for a good alternative.