• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toy axle question

T

toyotaman96

ok ive got a 3rd out of a 92 or 91 toy will it fit in a older axle like round 84 or will it only fit the ifs rears. thanks for help :dblthumb:

I swapped 3rds in a 87 4cyl 4runner with one out of a 93 v6 truck and it fell right in the bearings and such are bigger on the v6 3rd but I believe they are all the same bolt pattern for the application you are asking about

All Toyota 8" dropout style 3rd's will interchange between 79-95 rear housings and 79-85 Front housings. Only differences are V6 vs. 4cyl and High Pinion vs. Low Pinion.

I put a e locker out of a95 fourunner rear into a 85 ft, had to add couple of studs. Brearings are larger in v6 third.

Stop wasting money on the old style and get you a taco rear. Housing will need some bracing for sure :****: but MUCH MUCH stronger. :dblthumb:

BUG-E J said:
Stop wasting money on the old style and get you a taco rear. Housing will need some bracing for sure :****: but MUCH MUCH stronger. :dblthumb:
reason i wanted to go with ifs rear or the older rear is bc i already have a 3rd with 529s an welded if my 3rd would fit in a taco rear i would