• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota axle problem ??

rookiezuke

i broke a birfield today and when i took it out it has 27 spline in the birfield and 30 on the output shaft and the inner part of the axle that goes in the carrier is 30 and i cant find anything that shows if i just get another birfield or do i just need go ahead and order and new set. i dont know what i have :dunno:

I just counted a spare stock birf and inner shaft and got the same count, 30 splines on the outer, 27 on the inside of the birf, and 30 on the inner at the carrier end.

I have always wondered if the aftermarket dirty 30s and longs come with 30 or 27 spline on the inside of the birf. :dunno:

Edit, just answered my own question, looks like the TG stuff is 30 spline and so is Long, although both offer chromoly 27 spline birfs as well as a stockish replacement birf.

The Longs and Dirty 30s are 30 spline all the way Stock are not.

I didnt think you had dirty thirtys in that mochine after one broke that damn easy :****:

I have seen to many sets of dirty 30s get a BEAT DOWN and not break.

This is actually good news for you though, cause now you CAN upgrade shafts :dblthumb:

zukiscott said:
I didnt think you had dirty thirtys in that mochine after one broke that damn easy :****:

I have seen to many sets of dirty 30s get a BEAT DOWN and not break.

So far the dirty thirty's are holding up great in my 4runner. It's a pretty heavy rig with a tacoma 2.7 . I would think they'd be nearly unbreakable in a lightweight zuki.

Can't go wrong with longfields either. They're proven.

yea i didnt think so either after that break it didnt fell like it. the guy i got this beast from said they were and i had took it out and counted the side on the carrier and the hub but not in the birfield oh well im suprised it held as long as it did and yea its upgrade time

I went with the Nitro 30 myself, reason bein at the time i bought them about a year ago, East Coast gear supply had them about 100 bucks cheaper and had free shipping anything over 500 dollars, and plus a had them in 2 days where the longs and dirty 30 was all at stores toward the west coast, and would have took a few more days to get here! and they have the same warranty, no questions ask if you break them they replace

Nitros, TG Dirty 30s, and Marlin Crawlers shafts are all made by EMPI from chromoly (foreign) according to Bobby Long.

Longfields are made by RCV out of US chromoly and have 300M inner "stars" and balls.

The longs are more expensive, for a reason.

That said, the dirty 30s and nitros will take a beat down, and I'm not sure that the 300M guts of the longs make them "that" much stonger.