• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota steering

smurfy90

What are you Toyota guys using for hydro rams? This will be going on a mini truck axle with high steer arms. Really wanted to keep it single ended. The weebouncer I used a 1.75x 6'' psc assist ram, wonder if that would work well on Toyota as fully hydro since they don't have a 6'' ram listed on there page.

very interested. I am going to upgrade my steering soon also. currently have high steer but am starting to look at hyd assist options. I'm leaning toward buying the kit from trail gear.@$275.00

I went through a few set ups before I ended up with the TrailGear kit and a tapped IFS steering box. Great option in my opinion, it's awesome in the rocks at low speeds and responded well during short course racing.
24-10201-SkuImage.jpg

24-9914-SkuImage.jpg

Re:

I have that setul with factory steering pump and works great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If your not going to drive it on the street go with the dual ended ram. Less things to change overall. I ran a trailgear 6" throw with stock pump, reservoir and everything

This is a full tube chassis. Gonna be full hydro so don't need assist steering. Psc does not have a dedicated 6'' hydro cylinder. I'm going to go with a 1.75x6'' assist cylinder to see how that works.

They made mine a 6". The way it was set up it only used about 4". Call them and ask, I don't think it cost any extra and got it pretty fast. The high steer arms on mine were older and shorter than current ones which is why I needed a shorter ram.

here is how I related costs. the diameter of bore and the rod size is directly related to how the steering will perform.

I can tell you from experience that the TG ram is perfect for a stock steering pump and you can even mod the pump if wanted to make it a little better. the bore is 2.25 the rod is 1.125 list price "who pays that" is 373.75 comes with mounting brackets, clevis kit for tie rods, etc... you can use the stock Toyota reservoir also. plus its bling bling and keeps everything up high and out of the way.

track supply ram "probably the cheapest" list is 100.00

2" bore, rod size unknown to website, might come close to working. only comes in 8" length will need to be shimmed internally to limit travel. will need a bigger reservoir because the fluid needs somewhere to go when rod is retracted. pump may or may not provide enough flow and pressure. comes with tractor pins that are less than ideal have loose tolerances and will create slop, so then you will need to figure out a way to modify the ends to work correctly.

In my eyes by the time you modify and change everything for the cheap ram to work it might would have been a little more expensive but well worth the trouble of just spending the dough to go double ended

hope this helps

Look on SurplusCenter.com. Get one with the swivel eyes. I sized a cylinder for a friend based on the PSC kits. I knew his steering valve's displacement, knew PSC's valve displacement and cylinder size, so I made a spreadsheet to figure out what cylinder would be close to the same lock-to-lock and force.