• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota trail gear hydro steering

I ran a TG pump and ram on my 4runner buggy.

I ran an non-load reactive Eaton steering valve, Summit Racing cooler, stock reservoir, and made my own lines

Worked good, ram is easy to mount (I built a mount basically like the one the kit comes with)

I used an 8" ram since my "dual steer" arms required more throw than regular high steer arms.

2011-09-29003307.jpg

2011-09-29003323.jpg

mtngaprock said:
Wish trail gear made the kit to fit Tacoma. I'm putting it on my taco with has old type tranny with dual cases and tg axle

:wtflol:

It's full hydro, why wouldn't it fit a Tacoma? just get the pump kit that fits whatever engine is in your Tacoma.

I'm sure if you call any vendor or TG directly, they'll put the kit together that you need... :dblthumb:

i had bad problems outta there pumps... went through 2 an then they wouldnt send me another one. maybe i just got some bad pumps though.

alscott said:
i had bad problems outta there pumps... went through 2 an then they wouldnt send me another one. maybe i just got some bad pumps though.

Probably, they don't actually "make" the pumps themselves. What kind of fluid, res, cooler, etc were you using?

What did you replace it with?

alscott said:

A guy I know had his pump go out recently, had the Royal Purple fluid in it.

im runnin psc orbital, ram, an cooler with trail gear resivor. when i got the pump from TG theytold me just to run a good synthetic power steering fluid so thats what i did... im just rinnin a stock pump again now. it does better than that TG pump ever wanted to. later this year im goin to change over to a psc pump though

It's full hydro, why wouldn't it fit a Tacoma? just get the pump kit that fits whatever engine is in your Tacoma.

I'm sure if you call any vendor or TG directly, they'll put the kit together that you need...

Trail Gear told me they would not swap out the pumps for the last customer who asked. Maybe that changed, I don't know, haven't asked in a few months. They told me it was an inventory and accounting reason that they could not do it. By the way, talked to PSC today, they only have 5 Toyota 3.4 Pump Kits left and after they are gone the kit is being discountinued. If you need/want one jump on it asap.

Re: Re: Re: Toyota trail gear hydro steering

Daves Offroad Supply said:
Trail Gear told me they would not swap out the pumps for the last customer who asked. Maybe that changed, I don't know, haven't asked in a few months. They told me it was an inventory and accounting reason that they could not do it. By the way, talked to PSC today, they only have 5 Toyota 3.4 Pump Kits left and after they are gone the kit is being discountinued. If you need/want one jump on it asap.

All their "pump kit" is, is a saginaw tc pump with an adapter kit.

Tg is kinda ****ered up on what they will and wont package.

That's why i bought the ram seperate and put together my own "kit"