• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

toyota wireing question

no excuses

just picked up a 84 toyota 4x4 xtra cab 22r with a 5speed and having a electrical problem. i hook it up to the battery and I get nothing except headlights. No four way flashers,turn signals,windshield wipers, heater motor fan, starter, zip zilch, zero. Any clues. I can hook direct and get things moving but thats the only way. Oh yeh I suck at electrical issues lol.

stan

Bet your fusible links are shot. Start at the battery and work your way back. You'll find the problem

How many should I have, I know there should be one between the battery and the first fuse block on the inner fender (its gone). Are there others between the that fuse/relay block and the fuse panel in the drivers compartment ?

How many should I have, I know there should be one between the battery and the first fuse block on the inner fender (its gone). Are there others between the that fuse/relay block and the fuse panel in the drivers compartment ?

Nope. Just the ones to the fuse block on the fender. Fusible links are typically short

Nope. Just the ones to the fuse block on the fender. Fusible links are typically short

could be wrong but i really dont remember 84 toyota trucks having fuesable links

edit...
guess mine was bypassed before i got there, the white wire has a fuse link according to the diagram.

Last edited: