• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail closed at green acres Clayton oklahoma

60jeep

As of this morning the the trail Jeff's ledges is closed we were on r way to green mamba their were 2 guys posting and roping off that section,I talked to them and they said they were tired of all the trash left .I spent a lot of the weekend picking up beer cans .WHY CAN'T PEOPLE PICK UP THEIR TRASH WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY PLACE TO WHEEL .

Jeff's is right in the middle of the park. How they gonna just close that one? I bet this gets resolved, and I agree, PICK UP YOUR TRASH PEOPLE!!!

Who did you see roping it off? Was his name Rudy? He owns the property as well as the air strip and the home on flag pole hill. That seems very strange being that there have been dozens x10
crazy out of hand partying up there and there has never been concern of any kind or any sort.

I know for a fact that local kids have bonfires in the middle of that trail and I have stopped and picked up more than 100 cans in a weekend. Wheelers are messy and disrespectful no doubt, but nothin that merits a trail shut down.

The said they owned that track of land and had let everyone travel through it but will no longer allow it

that's all I know we came up the creek and got on the road beside the ledges and they were posting more signs and took pictures of are rigs

Damn this sucks...
While we were there a few weeks ago we must have picked up 50 or so random cans. Every time we stopped I picked up 3 or 4. Sad that people cant put an empty back in their cooler :mad:

There is also no trespassing signs on the trail to get to the bottom of slims slope. It will be a shame if one of the best wheeling places gets shut down due to some slobs. Let's start holding people accountable out on the trail. See someone litter, tell them about themselves. Lets not let a few degenerates ruin it for the rest of us.

This sux to hear, I've always considered Clayton Ok to be in my back yard. Our group has always picked up trash that the scum bags leave behind each trip we make up there.

I'm the first one to confront the loosers when I see one throw a can out on the trails and let them know what a low life POS they are. Fawk, I'm getting pissed just thinking about it.

Aside from messy wheelers....

Somethin ain't right here. It goes against every conversation I have had with the property owner

He told me that the property owners to the east of him have been tearing down the trail signs and such.

I have also looked at county survey lines in that area all on the front side. Maybe 6 months ago. It all was owned by one owner which is Rudy's family.

The only areas that were stair stepped property lines were on the west side of the mountain toward the bottom of the valley.

I do know that walters mule road connects directly to a logging road that connects to a county road. So there may be a dispute around that area.

I imagine that the truth will surface pretty soon. There are a lot of people that know Rudy and there is a huge family that wheels there regularly. We have a run comin up on new years along with meet n greet in march.

I can say one thing for sure that at one time wheelers made roughly 70% of
Clayton's economy. After 08, they have been really hurting. I bet we still fund 30-50% of their economy.

If that area shuts down, that means the state parks, country inn, a&a, bigfoot cabin, they might all be in serious trouble. At this point I think freelings has sold and Hurd creek was sold about 7 years ago. This is no good fellas

This sucks- was just there few weeks ago.
I noticed few cans but nothing crazy- tried to pick up what we saw.

Hate that since from north TX its only couple hours away... ;D

If any help is needed to keep trails open holler

Good grief! I just did serious homework this past wknd for a first time trip there next spring. Please keep this thread updated as to what is going on there. And a big thanks to the folks picking up other people's trash!

Really hate to hear this! I have picked up lots of beer cans up there. I have kinda wondered how long this would take. If you look up land for sale around clayton, pretty much most of the mountain is for sale. Wish i had the $$$ there is 1000+ accers on top of the mountain, that is unreal!!

LightBnDr said:
At this point I think freelings has sold and Hurd creek was sold about 7 years ago. This is no good fellas

I was up there Easter weekend, and our group rode Frieling's property, I believe it is now being run by his granddaughter. Here is a link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frielings-4x4-Park/161069060711826

It's a shame to hear about trails closing at Green Acres because of trashy people. Is it so hard to carry a trash bag in your rig?

Never been to this place.... but it makes me absolutely sick to see this... I live in the sticks... dirt roads galore... and I see a fawker littering on my trails?..!!!!..... lets just say he picks it up and I never see them again....The only thing that will change this is the people who witness it.... SPEAK THE HELL UP!!!!! Tell them what you think about it!!!!

No, I just spoke to Rudy this morning. This is an over reaction. There is a property line dispute along the access road parallel to Jeffs Ledges from the air strip drop off past Gaspers Goo down to the waterfall hill climb. He isn't complaining about the trash on the trails or anything.

^^^^ From a guy on another board who was able to reach Rudy.

I had always known there was an issue along that line. I have seen land company signs for at least a year at the base of gasper goo.

Looks like its an issue east of the access trail. At least it sparked some awareness for trash pick up. Hope to see you guys there sometime.

Latest posts