• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailyota's 4runner Plate bumper build

trailyota

So with #2 on the way it was time to get rid of my 81 1st gen truck and build something that would haul the family... SO I'm building an 88 4Runner with SAS.

I'll post a build thread later for my 88 4runner, however I'm now building the armor for the rig. (Need a name for the rig build thread...help with that would be great)

I don

Last edited:
Thanks!

:awesomework:looks like a rig I built last yr an sold to a guy in longview ,Vancouver area:eeek:

Must've been a sweet rig then. This one was from Nevada, and was pretty beat up. It's been a work in progress for about two years now. I'll post the before and after photos in a build thread later.

Last edited:
Is there any support to keep the ends of the bumper from just folding back into the body with a hard hit? or is there just enough leverage from the weld that goes from front to back that you would have to bend the steel on edge to get deflection?

Must've been a sweet rig then. This one was from Nevada, and was pretty beat up. It's been a work in progress for about two years now. I'll post the before and after photos in a build thread later.

well bought it for $500 put $2000 into it straight axle V6 lift shock hoops armor high steer etc ,sold it for $4000 I was happy,sure he was too.

KEEP IT UP:awesomework:

How much did it run you to have the pieces cut out? Where did you get it done at? I really like the bumper!

Strength

Is there any support to keep the ends of the bumper from just folding back into the body with a hard hit? or is there just enough leverage from the weld that goes from front to back that you would have to bend the steel on edge to get deflection?

There are no supports going to the body from the ends of the bumper, however it's pretty stout and I dont think it'll go anywhere. I threw a jack under the bumper edge and let it sit for two days with the front wheel off the ground. When I lowered it down the bumper wasn't bent. A little deflection from being jacked up, however it didnt bend at all with the weight...even after a few days.

Bumper

How much did it run you to have the pieces cut out? Where did you get it done at? I really like the bumper!

I took the templates down to have them put into a drawing, and cut out. My guy has them on CAD and can re-produce them ONLY for me.

As for the price...I'm keeping that sealed right now because I'm not ready to sell them ...YET... but I may if there is enough interest.

I also have to follow the forum rules and "DONATE...." the $100.00 to be classified as a vender to even think about selling these publicly.

Right now we're paying some bills off. We just don

Latest posts