• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trip out east

Uncleboogie

Looking for recommendations for wheeling parks that can be accessed during the week and weekends around the Easter weekend/spring break time. Our wheeling group (8-10) has gone out to Moab for the last several years and have decided to go east for next years outing. Built rigs (stickies. V-8, linked) that are generally self sufficient and maintainable, carry extra parts, tools, supplies and recovery gear. Plans are to find a place we can wheel a couple days and then move to the next park for a couple more, and would really like to find several parks that are within close enough proximity to achieve this without a ton of road miles in between them. Hotels and good restaurants are helpful since we wont be bringing the campers/toy haulers. Really wanting to hit BUSTED KNUCKLE park (if it is still open) and parks around there. We will be coming Oklahoma and appreciate any and all help and are also open to have locals wheel with us and/or show us around.

Adventure offroad Park can be accessed 7 days a week, hotels/motels are 10 minutes away along with many restaurants.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

would recommend selecting at least 2 parks depending on when you arrive. Look at either AOP (great option) or Windrock for weekday wheeling and then Hawk Pride, Choccolocco or any of the other good parks in the area for the weekend riding.

Curious though, have you guys been to Sand Hollow? We just got back from a SH/Moab trip and Sand Hollow is great option if you've not been.

Be sure to consider Black Mountain Adventure Area in Harlan Kentucky. There are several days worth of riding and everything you could ask for. Its within a couple hours of Windrock and those two parks have a lot to offer. 84,000 acres between the two parks.

I would start at Black Mountain ORV in Harlan Kentucky for a couple days, then head south a couple hours to Adventure Offroad Park for a couple days. End the trip on the weekend at Chocoloco Mountain ORV in Jacksonville Alabama (another couple hours away from AOP tops), the place that brings the STEEP. That would be a hell of a week of wheeling if you've never been to the east coast. Hotels, camping, food, and fuel are easily accessed from any of these parks. What ever you guys decide, have fun :driving:, do your :drinkers: at camp, and stay safe out there! :woot: :woot:

tkinze said:
would recommend selecting at least 2 parks depending on when you arrive. Look at either AOP (great option) or Windrock for weekday wheeling and then Hawk Pride, Choccolocco or any of the other good parks in the area for the weekend riding.

Curious though, have you guys been to Sand Hollow? We just got back from a SH/Moab trip and Sand Hollow is great option if you've not been.

have not been to Sand Hollow but will definitely plan a trip out there and do so. Part of the problem my group has is the 18+ hours of driving each way and I thought a trip east would limit that to about 10

Uncleboogie said:
have not been to Sand Hollow but will definitely plan a trip out there and do so. Part of the problem my group has is the 18+ hours of driving each way and I thought a trip east would limit that to about 10

Sand Hollow is AWESOME! 8)

Someday I want to do a trip back east..