• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Truck campers

I just drooled all over my computer! that is an awesome Set-up

Thanks Sam...............

Here in the next few months I am going to lower it 3 1/2" then build some strage boxes onto the sides. I also want to add a waste holding tank & a fresh water tank for extended dry camping stays.

Top Notch Trailers

Sweet setup :awesomework: , just keep an eye on the welds, I have a top notch trailer that is a year old and a lot of my welds have come loose, close to zero penetration on some of them, so I've had to go over it and re-weld seams.

I've got a 14' TNT tag-a-long that I have been hauling my Jeep on now for 18 months. I have had zero issues other than I need to repaint some spots and I need to replace the lights on the rear of the trailer.

I need a newer camper--gets reallly tight with the whole family in it...

I would have never thought my 8' camper would be to small for just me and Karrlie. This new one has a better dinnette setup for me and my leg. The slide adds so much room. And it has a dry shower so I can go to the bathroom or take a shower now with out having to STRETCH for 30 minutes before.

Very cool setup. Maybe I missed something, but why go this route over just putting the camper on the truck and towing the 18' car trailer?

Very cool setup. Maybe I missed something, but why go this route over just putting the camper on the truck and towing the 18' car trailer?

I would think the gooseneck trailer tows the weight easier. Also allows you to quickly unhook the trailer & drive the tow rig to town...with the camper on the tow rig, you are stuck unhooking the car trailer & then unloading the camper. :mad:

A buddy has a similar setup, but his trailer has a 34'ish ft deck...last Memorial he was able to stuff his 8ft camper on the nose & load 2 Toyotas on the rear. Nice, but way too frickin long for me :redneck: One of these days, I want to see if 3 rigs will fit & make a run down to Moab...splitting diesel 3 ways would be nice :awesomework:

here is his set up

Last edited:
I've got a 14' TNT tag-a-long that I have been hauling my Jeep on now for 18 months. I have had zero issues other than I need to repaint some spots and I need to replace the lights on the rear of the trailer.
:cool: Just keep an eye on it, I haul an 11,500 Excavator everyday on my 14K TNT.

As everyone else has said, tows better, pull into camp and just unhook, short bed truck and long bed camper, didn't want a new truck. Just towing a 18' tag-a-long isn't the same. I can turn real short with a gooseneck can't with a tag-a-long

unhook the gooseneck and you got a empty truck bed..plus a gooseneck hauls better..

Yep :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I would think the gooseneck trailer tows the weight easier. Also allows you to quickly unhook the trailer & drive the tow rig to town...with the camper on the tow rig, you are stuck unhooking the car trailer & then unloading the camper. :mad:

And another!! :cheer: :awesomework: :cheer:

Latest posts