• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Two piece solid motor mount?

FM5332FF

I have searched online and have not been able to find anything. I'm finally getting the chance to start working on my buggy and I need to build some motor mounts. I want to mount the motor transmission and transfer case solid, but I want to be able to remove part of the motor mount so it is easier to get the motor in and out if I had to. My idea was to build the motor mount with two tabs coming off of a plate on the motor and having a piece come off the chassis to the tabs. I was thinking about taking a piece of solid bar stock with a 3/4 hole drilled through it using a bolt through to hold the motor in place. Pretty much like it would be set up with a Poly bushing but using a solid steel bushing instead of poly. Will this work or would it be a problem? If you have done something similar can you post a picture. Thanks.

Re: Re: Two piece solid motor mount?

Can't say that I've done it that way, but they mount stuff like that all the time on those Power block tv shows. Looks like they use 1.5" x .5" wall tubing (or close)

I will have to search and see if i can find any of the builds that they have done. I think it should work.

My build started out with everything poly-mounted. Halfway through I decided to do solid mounts and redid my motor mounts. But the t-case mount was too involved to completely redo so I just machined some aluminum pucks to the same dimensions as the poly bushings that were in there and replaced them. Granted, the rig is still new but nothing has self destructed on about 6 rides, each of which has gotten progressively more abusive. Sorry, no pics.