• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ultra Bouncer

I am about done building mine and the build and sell thing went out the door. If he has the time to build one then I guess its one thing, but if I had something I liked I would have to profit twenty grand or more to sell it and go through building another one. He may have one on deck already but the wating and buildin gets old when you only can work onit from 8 or 9 at night to 2 and 3am then go to work at 7 the next morning. Heck if I sold mine and made 20,000 that would make my labor come out to about 15 bucks an hour lol. That aint good money especially for fab work. He must have some changes he's wantin to make.

85buggy said:
I mean it doesn't matter. Just outa curiosity.

I'm sure it was a little pricey, but it's worth it. :****: laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-06-17 at 4.31.34 PM.png
    Screen shot 2013-06-17 at 4.31.34 PM.png
    961.1 KB · Views: 218
Sooo ... at the risk of distracting from all the other BS in this thread with some quasi-tech, does anyone know what ratio t-case and axle gears this rig was running or is it a trade secret?

And as I don't know anyone else who has gone from c/o's to bypass setups on rock rigs, were they worth the extra expense and complexity? Are they the night vs day difference that desert people seem to think they are? Are they the future of rock bouncers everywhere?

believe it had one of those ProFab monster truck cases, and I believe they are a single speed 1:1 setup.

and I think most of these rock bouncers run like 3.73 gears in their 1-ton stuff for the sake of wheel speed. dunno what ultra had though but I'd guess it wasnt a deep gear.

and thats all I got booyang

Dose it matter what gear ratio he had, if you ain't got 1000 hp it to high for all of us. I've got near 600 hp and can just barely can run high range first gear with Rockwell ratios. This kid is so far ahead of MOST of us he coming up behind us going to put a lep on us. I say lets let him play,I wish he would build ten rigs a year. I'm having a blast watching, what's next TC.

halcat said:
Dose it matter what gear ratio he had, if you ain't got 1000 hp

The tech is just as interesting to me as watching the videos. I would enjoy knowing just as I enjoy knowing things about other stuff that I don't have. Monster trucks, race cars, world peace, the cure for cancer all interest me. So maybe the world is better off without any of them since I don't have them?

I am from Oklahoma and am working in West Virginia. I spotted something yesterday on the way home from work that i recognized. I got a closer look and sho nuf, Showtime, U.B. and the situation all in the same spot. Small world

There are two guys that are partners. I believe one of them owns the situation and the other owns the other two. Nice guys!

Lots of ****ing retardation on the last page or so...

Patooyee has a legitimate question, and I'd like to know the answer as well.

I can guarantee you it's not 1:1 and 3.73...

patooyee said:
Sooo ... at the risk of distracting from all the other BS in this thread with some quasi-tech, does anyone know what ratio t-case and axle gears this rig was running or is it a trade secret?

And as I don't know anyone else who has gone from c/o's to bypass setups on rock rigs, were they worth the extra expense and complexity? Are they the night vs day difference that desert people seem to think they are? Are they the future of rock bouncers everywhere?

the advantage of the bypasses are to be able to fine tune without opening the shock. with remote reservoir coilovers there are several variable, how many valves and what thickness and where in the pack you want them to tweak the rebound and dampening. its quite about of work to pull the shocks, pull the coils, open the shocks and adjust the shims. after a few hours of tuning sometimes close enough becomes where it stays because its so much work to make a small change. with the bypasses all of the tuning is done externally and its easy to change to adapt to whatever terrain you are on. if you have one riding style and the time and patience to tune the coilovers properly, then bypasses are not necessary. Honestly i think if any of his other rigs had the shocks tunes properly, then they would ride as well or better than this most recent rig. the reason peters rig does do well is because it is properly set up, not because it has bypasses. take his bypasses off and put on a properly tunes set of coilovers and there will be zero difference in performance.