• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

UTV Insurance

****, you better think about theft insurance! you have been hit once already, wouldn't you hate to come home one night and go in the shop and that ****er is gone? 10k is a lot to lose, I bet insurance wouldn't be but a couple hundred a year.

Fire, Theft, Totalling one in a crash are the main three things. It's not as uncommon as you think since a lot of these things cost as much as a damn new car.

2008 RZR 800 through Geico. Full coverage that included theft and "usage related" damage was $21 a month.

You can claim wrecking one on insurance?! Wow.

Chad the ole shop is a little harder to get into than jacking my window with a screwdriver. molaugh I believe there is more of a chance of it getting stole off the trailer while in Jefferson's eating after wheeling at Choccolocco! molaugh

My ex buddy bought a brand new 400ex almost 15 years ago and wrecked it pretty bad and he had insurance on it and they paid to have it fixed, my brother carrys insurance on his sxs too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

2012 800s through progressove is like $20 month with 3k of accessories coverage also. I totalled a 700 raptor a few years ago. They paid me full nada book value plus retail on every accesory i had on it. For no more than it cost i think it would be crazy not to carry it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Damn! I might check into it, I suppose. I seriously never have gave it much thought. Really didn't know they would cover toys that are built to get thrashed in the woods on things like that.

I bet banks are gonna start requiring it, razrs going for 20k, thats a huge gamble on their end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
You can claim wrecking one on insurance?! Wow.

Chad the ole shop is a little harder to get into than jacking my window with a screwdriver. molaugh I believe there is more of a chance of it getting stole off the trailer while in Jefferson's eating after wheeling at Choccolocco! molaugh

I specifically asked "what if I roll it and mess it up the plastics or bend the roll cage?" and Geico said they would cover it.

Re:

That's crazy. I've never really thought about insuring anything that didn't require it for the road. I only carry the most basic liability on my bike, it's like $90 a year. Same with my Saturn, but I do carry full coverage on the FJ. I will text my buddy / Allstate agent next week and just see what he can quote me. He asked me the day I bought it if I wanted insurance on it and I said **** no. Lol.

Full coverage through my auto insurance. Less than 300 a year. Covers it if I total it in the woods, crash someone else's junk with mine, and covers injury for passengers and myself. Basically exact same coverage as auto full coverage. Offroad doesn't matter.

Just an fyi. Homeowners will not cover anything that can be insured by itself, so shop burns down or stolen. Out of luck unless you have the full coverage.

CheapJ7 said:
Full coverage through my auto insurance. Less than 300 a year. Covers it if I total it in the woods, crash someone else's junk with mine, and covers injury for passengers and myself. Basically exact same coverage as auto full coverage. Offroad doesn't matter.

Just an fyi. Homeowners will not cover anything that can be insured by itself, so shop burns down or stolen. Out of luck unless you have the full coverage.

Yep. Atleast with farm bureau any vehicle has to have its own coverage. I still havnt heard whether or not my little yanmar tractor is covered under he owners. I've also heard that commercial type mowers have to be covered separate even if it stays on your property

whiskeymakin said:
Yep. Atleast with farm bureau any vehicle has to have its own coverage. I still havnt heard whether or not my little yanmar tractor is covered under he owners. I've also heard that commercial type mowers have to be covered separate even if it stays on your property

I've got full coverage on my tractor on a "Stated Value" policy for $80 bucks a year through Farm Bureau. According to them it would be covered under home owners as long as it's at my place, but not if its at my In-Laws.

For years we had full coverage ATV insurance through State Farm for dirt cheap. Covered me, the ATV, and whoever else would be hit/injured in an accident. Plus had theft, fire, etc.

Never heard of anyone doing insurance on a SXS? I think all but 2 or 3 of my buddies and myself are the only ones that havne't made like $10k claims on their rzr and fixed for like $500. Probably 15 guys in our group. I just can't make myself do it, unless I one day totally wad it the **** up so bad it is literally unrepairable.