• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

VHF / Ham / Amateur radio wheelers?

japerry

traveling up in BC, I noticed many guys and gals had licenses with their rigs. It'd be nice to start working on obtaining a license, but its a fairly complicated process.

I was wondering if any other 4-wheelers were interested, the 4WDABC group in Vancouver, BC got a bunch of folks together to take classes. Perhaps if enough are interested, we can get a group together to take a course, pass the test, and get licenses as well.

I did some searching on the forums, I haven't seen anything else about this here -- forgive me if this has already been covered though.

I had looked into getting my Ham lic years ago but never did, Now having a 2 meter with you even without a lic is a good idea if you are in areas that don't have cell service like a few people I know do on the Con because if you need a life-flight that is the only way to get it and they have been used for that without probs.

it's not all that difficult to get your ham license anymore, now that you can get a 2 meter no code license. Had one and let it expire. Kinda wish I didn't though

The test is 35 questions, The test pool is something like 550. They dropped the code for most if not all of the tests. I got my license acouple of years ago and like it alot. Mainly use 2 meter because of the repeaters on the east side. Had my son and wife get theres and it is nice during hunting season to talk from camp to home. I really like it for the outdoors, That way if there is a accident or problem you can get out. I dont think I have been in a spot I couldnt get out. I would really like to see more outdoor people with a license, You may not need it but you can come across someone that will.

Latest posts