• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Walker Nov 13th...Rocking the reroute!

I took one of our (TR)SORP belly skids and am throwing a bunch of .125 steel plate at it to make....essentially a "car hood with a trough down the middle".
The rocks will sit in the trough and be secured with either car snow chains or chain link fence over the top...not sure yet. This will be wide and flat with the rocks down the middle so it's stable and won't tip over. We'll see...it's an experiment.:redneck:

Jeff if you need truck chains, the ones I have won't be in use (by me) for a while so you can use them.:awesomework:

Thanks Sam! whew!!!:haha:

:D

I have alot of respect for Cory's opinion and experience with this but I still want to try.

All I'm trying to do is drag 6-800#s of rock behind my buggy. Ricks rig would drag more due to it making more anti-squat and creating more ground pressure plus it might weigh a little more.....but...this is just so I can contibute to the rock moving effort. If everyone moves a little then alot gets done.

I took one of our (TR)SORP belly skids and am throwing a bunch of .125 steel plate at it to make....essentially a "car hood with a trough down the middle".
The rocks will sit in the trough and be secured with either car snow chains or chain link fence over the top...not sure yet. This will be wide and flat with the rocks down the middle so it's stable and won't tip over. We'll see...it's an experiment.:redneck:

Curious to see how it turns out and how well it works:cool:

I have alot of respect for Cory's opinion and experience with this but I still want to try.

All I'm trying to do is drag 6-800#s of rock behind my buggy. Ricks rig would drag more due to it making more anti-squat and creating more ground pressure plus it might weigh a little more.....but...this is just so I can contibute to the rock moving effort. If everyone moves a little then alot gets done.

I can't wait to see...sounds like it should work, and if nothing else, we have a tow behind toboggan for snow runs!:haha::awesomework:
And that's the key right there....I mean, how much CAN I haul?????:redneck:

I am building a 2nd boulder hauling trailer that might be done in time. Is there someone that can tow it on the trail? It uses a pintle hitch and can weigh up to 6000 lbs when full of rock.

I don't think anyone that has a rig capable of hauling 6K will be going up the trail with it....except maybe MTblazer89, only I'm not sure he's set up for pintle...

I don't think anyone that has a rig capable of hauling 6K will be going up the trail with it....except maybe MTblazer89, only I'm not sure he's set up for pintle...

I have a couple pintles on reciever mounts that fit most hitches. In 4 lo 4wd it doesnt seem very heavy. It doesnt have to be that much of a load either.

I have a couple pintles on reciever mounts that fit most hitches. In 4 lo 4wd it doesnt seem very heavy. It doesnt have to be that much of a load either.

You have to go up a couple steeper climbs so a heavy load will be a challenge. We found that it's easier overall to take smaller loads and make more trips....keep it mooving.:awesomework:

You have to go up a couple steeper climbs so a heavy load will be a challenge. We found that it's easier overall to take smaller loads and make more trips....keep it mooving.:awesomework:

Yup, this....Rick tried using the trail corridor the first weekend of this project, and it was too much; ended up making a temporary run that he could run up with his trailer loaded...which is not an option now with the weather having turned, and that temp corridor is now obliterated. It is much appreciated (the offer of a 2nd trailer), but I think you'll have enough fun trying to get yer junk up the trail with a good load!:D

Have I missed something here? since when has the lk cavahna road gate been closed? two of the rigs with me today broke in the skillbuilding area and so we headed down to the gate to find it closed... Luckily there was a couple working in there tree faller that came down and let us out. :mad:

Have I missed something here? since when has the lk cavahna road gate been closed? two of the rigs with me today broke in the skillbuilding area and so we headed down to the gate to find it closed... Luckily there was a couple working in there tree faller that came down and let us out. :mad:

Cavanaugh Lk gate IS supposed to be closed....usually if it's open, either there's a crew up there working, or it got vandalized...That's the whole reason for the Easy Valley Connector (for those that may be broken...)...drop down it, take a left and you're at the shoefly gate on Peter Burns Rd....

Cavanaugh Lk gate IS supposed to be closed....usually if it's open, either there's a crew up there working, or it got vandalized...That's the whole reason for the Easy Valley Connector (for those that may be broken...)...drop down it, take a left and you're at the shoefly gate on Peter Burns Rd....

ya we never found that one drove around for a long while looking!

I'll give you that, as it is kinda tricky to find---but there should have been a sign pointed the direction. Maybe not yet though...If you're coming down from the learning center on the logging road, it's the last logging spur to your right as you head down (has a pretty obvious berm built on the inside corner from ATV's cutting it...)

I'll give you that, as it is kinda tricky to find---but there should have been a sign pointed the direction. Maybe not yet though...If you're coming down from the learning center on the logging road, it's the last logging spur to your right as you head down (has a pretty obvious berm built on the inside corner from ATV's cutting it...)

I could swear we took every "road" on that side of the mountain, only to find either a trail or a dead end col-de-sac. :booo:

If either of us had brought a map it would have been cake to find, BUT.....

BTW, I'm getting the feeling (from my talks with the people that had equipment up there) that we should not be on that side of the mountain. When i pulled up to them to find out the EVC they didn't not know and immediately asked me "how I got up there". To which i eluded that about 10 trails pop out onto that road. I guess they have been having vandals breaking and stealing things off their rigs... So i completely understand there frustration, but is there anything about us not being up there?

I could swear we took every "road" on that side of the mountain, only to find either a trail or a dead end col-de-sac. :booo:

If either of us had brought a map it would have been cake to find, BUT.....

BTW, I'm getting the feeling (from my talks with the people that had equipment up there) that we should not be on that side of the mountain. When i pulled up to them to find out the EVC they didn't not know and immediately asked me "how I got up there". To which i eluded that about 10 trails pop out onto that road. I guess they have been having vandals breaking and stealing things off their rigs... So i completely understand there frustration, but is there anything about us not being up there?

Absolutely NOT!! They should be aware it is an ORV area, and that they can and should expect to see ORVer's out there, BUT I also understand their frustration :mad:....DNR does try to keep the specific area their in temp closed (or at least posted that logging's going on and to try and avoid the area, but we all know it's that 1% group that screws it up for all of us...More than likely it's the tweakers that are out there vandalizing the equip, and the owners just look for a scapegoat...which usually ends up being us (ORVer's) as we're the ones they see...:booo:

heh so apparently the hands aren't talking to each other...

Hi folks,

This message is going out to folks that I thought would want to attend the Walker Valley ORV, Saturday, November 13th training session that DNR is putting on with Department of Ecology as the invited guest.

Meeting time: 9 AM, Saturday, November 13

How long is the meeting: probably about 4 hrs.

Topic: Trail maintenance practices and needs to protect water quality

I'm hoping that we have a good cross section of user group representation at this session to ask questions and hear the discussion first hand. Please note that this meeting has been set up by me asking DOE to give us feed back on what we have been doing to maintain trails and protect water quality. DOE knows that everybody – volunteers and DNR alike have been putting in a lot of work on the trails. So part of this meeting is to talk about the work that we are all doing to see if we are on the right track to comply with state water quality standards.

This is a walk and talk session with Department of Ecology and will go on rain or shine. Bring lunch, rain gear, etc. to stay dry and warm.

Latest posts