• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wall tent

Jaydog

I just got one of these, from Davis Tent in Colorado, for Elk hunting this year, we usually spend 10 days camping, this year will be comfy :awesomework:

CanvasWallTent.jpg

14x16 with a summit wood stove, that has a compartment for 3 gallons of hot water.

Anyone else use a wall tent?

Nice, those are plush, I am thinking of getting a 30x60 :redneck: :haha:

You pack it in anywhere? or have a spot close to the road? I know some people hire horses...:eeek:

I have one, used it for years before my dad became injured and could not help to set up and take down. Now i sleep in my camper, but am keeping the tent, maybe some day i will use it again when the kids are bigger.

14x16 Rainer Ind. wall tent payed $800 for it 10 years ago.....
:awesomework:

.. Did you opt for the sewn in floor?
No, it's an internal frame, so they recommended a loose floor with a zippered spot for the stove, that way if I'm not using the stove I can zip it up and have a full floor

You pack it in anywhere? or have a spot close to the road? I know some people hire horses...:eeek:
We only camp 100 yrds or so from the road, we used to pack in a few miles, but Dad is close to 70 and can't pack in anymore.

My dad's old elk camp we had two. A 20x20 for sleeping, and a 16x20 for cooking/dining.

We'd throw some type of alfafa/hay down on the ground, then put carpet squares over them, and had kerosene heaters. Shorts and t-shirt weather with 17* weather outside:awesomework:

Both tents are in my Mom's garage, since a couple of deaths in the group including my Dad, we just haven't had the same elk camp. But they've been paid for by all in the group, so anything that happens to them is a (remainder) group decision.