• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Want to buy dana 44's front and rear for my 03 tj jeep wrangler.

snotpuller

They need to be bolt in ready please. No junk also please. It has to be reliable as this is also my daily driver. Would prefer 4.88 gears with detroit lockers but not necessary. Thanks

Re: Re: Want to buy dana 44's front and rear for my 03 tj jeep wrangler.

Give EOR a shout. They'll hook ya up

Yeah I know about them but I was looking for a better deal. Hoping that maybe someone might be upgrading their rig to 60s snd wanting to sell their 44s. Its always good to be hopeful......

Re:

Skip the 44 front and go right to a 60. The 44 has the same size axles as your 30.

Same size u-joint but the shafts are slightly bigger. Unless you never plan to run anything bigger than a 37 and are easy on it, skip it and go to tons. I'm running a D44 front and can't count how many shafts I've gone through and they are chromos.

xjmarc said:
Same size u-joint but the shafts are slightly bigger. Unless you never plan to run anything bigger than a 37 and are easy on it, skip it and go to tons. I'm running a D44 front and can't count how many shafts I've gone through and they are chromos.

What joints are you running? I've been pretty brutal to mine(wheeled ALOT) and have really only broken one shaft and it was due to a tie rod breaking and that wheel over steering causing a bind. I oblonged a few Yukon chromo shafts when I was running the old 760x joint, but since going to the Yukon Superjoint, that seems to have stopped. I have one right now with the cap able to turn in the hole, but it's been like that for 6 months.

Now, with that said....i'm currently getting a 14 bolt built and on the look for a 60. LOL An 8.8 ring and pinion failure is the catylst for this upgrade, my D44 has really been a trooper for 3 or so years. Not a bit disappointed in it. Hell, the 8.8 been good for 4 years......just the extra weight of an exo cage and 37's are exploiting their once unbreakable-ness. ;)

tonybolton said:
What joints are you running? I've been pretty brutal to mine(wheeled ALOT) and have really only broken one shaft and it was due to a tie rod breaking and that wheel over steering causing a bind. I oblonged a few Yukon chromo shafts when I was running the old 760x joint, but since going to the Yukon Superjoint, that seems to have stopped. I have one right now with the cap able to turn in the hole, but it's been like that for 6 months.

Now, with that said....i'm currently getting a 14 bolt built and on the look for a 60. LOL An 8.8 ring and pinion failure is the catylst for this upgrade, my D44 has really been a trooper for 3 or so years. Not a bit disappointed in it. Hell, the 8.8 been good for 4 years......just the extra weight of an exo cage and 37's are exploiting their once unbreakable-ness. ;)
I'm running Yukon joints and shafts. Joints are great it's the shafts that I'm breaking. I'm running 38" TSLs which are roughly 37" but still a bit much for a 1/2 ton axle. I got a steal on it otherwise I'd be running a 60.

not mine , rear only in GA

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/axles-tires-wheels-sale/1419762-dynatrac-pro-60-rear-tj-bolt.html

KB5rITTl.jpg

Re:

^^^^ better than a 44 and Detroit.

Not that one, somebody posted before I replied. Go for the 60 in GA

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4