• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Warn 5721 winch questions.

IMG_6065_zps8f7a0fa9.jpg

How much space do you have between those copper connectors and the case???? Flip them bastids around so there's ample clearance! Or at least provide some sort of insulation between them to prevent an incidental short! :cool:

IMG_6065_zps8f7a0fa9.jpg

How much space do you have between those copper connectors and the case???? Flip them bastids around so there's ample clearance! Or at least provide some sort of insulation between them to prevent an incidental short! :cool:

Yeah, I was thinking about putting some rubber under there...But they will probably just be fine with boots on them :fawkdancesmiley:

I didn't have any boots layin around. I gotta go get more cable ends and some boots today.
Then I can finish the contactor cables.

Just waiting for the plug in and remote to show ....
cheers

ALMOST DONE!!
Still needs boots , forgot them while I was out yesterday. But the remote and plug came yesterday. So I got those on, wired through the cover, and working.
It is a Superwinch connector and remote. The remote plug mounting holes are just barely wider than the Warn holes in the cover, but with a couple of longer sheetmetal screws you can make it work.
And I went ahead and added some wire(color coded even!)to make it easier to remove the cover.

I didna have any damn SAE30 in the garage last night. So, I ll step out to get some today so I can really get her warmed up.

Hey Kevin, Can I get this turned into 5721 winch build instead of 5721 winch questions?

Welp, here she is :

cheers

Hi I'm new to the forum. I realize this was last year. I was wondering if you have a report on this thing
How does it work? Would you do it again?
I have one of these and often thought it would be cool to have line out.
Does that motor have its own brake or are still relying on quick hands to grab the brake handle?
Thanks for sharing your build. That thing looks great.

I have not used it yet. lol
I have a turned down brake shoe that I am going to add a disc brake to.I was just going to put the brake handle on my shifter so I didna have to "hurry" up and grab the brake.
I have also seen an 8274 ratcheting brake put on the shaft.

It is damn fast , I know that.
Thanks man, I worked hard to find the right way to go about it.
There is a pretty good thread on Pirate4x4 about it.
cheers

Was wondering what you were going to do about the brake as well, since it was never designed to power out the brake is biased to "out feed".

Got one of these on my bench right now as well, except I need to find a couple bearings, might just be turning some bronze bushings for it.....

I have all the new bearing and bushings, handles, new break linings and what ever else you might need for these. I also have NEW cables that go under the dash for the controls and a few used ones.

I have all the new bearing and bushings, handles, new break linings and what ever else you might need for these. I also have NEW cables that go under the dash for the controls and a few used ones.
The bearings and such I sourced locally. And the bushings I actually had laying around , as long as we are making things clear.:redneck:
That's great your dad has all of those parts. You should start a for sale thread. And not put it here. lol
I am pretty stoked about this winch. I can't wait to use it.
I say build it. I think that these old winches get a bad wrap.
cheers

Last edited: