• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

warn hub warranty?

mudslayer

Anyone know what or how warns warranty is on there hubs? Grenaded a rear hub from a warn full floater kit. I called warn a couple years ago when I picked up this rig to see about gettin a spare shaft and they said they never made a kit for 12 bolt. Wtf? Obviously they did cause I have the kit in my rig. Dont want to spend the money $200 for new ones. I know they have a limited lifetime warranty, but whats that mean? Anyone ever exchange these without issues? Warn #38826 1 ton hubs. This is the second one ive destroyed:mad: still have the receipt and original box too. But I bought them thru t.c.'s offroad which isn't there anymore.

Last edited:
They might not have made the kit. It sounds like like an ODD combo.

8 lug outers on a 12 bolt with locking hubs and 30 splines?

WHY, WHY? Whats the gain on that combo? Whats the upgrade?

Sounds like a homebrew conversion to me.???

Just box the hub up and include a nice note like, "Thanks for the great product, I got years of loyal service out of it before it let go, I sent it back figuring maybe it could be used for R&D".

They might just surprise ya and send ya new box full of goodies. :D

The guy I bought the rig from said it was a warn kit. Chromoly axles, etc. It has 6 lug outers. Think he got it for flat towing is my guess. Maybe it is homebrew. But dont see spending that much on custom made inner and outer splined shafts? The guy built this rig from the ground up and seemed to know everything about it. Even called him 2 yrs after purchase to find out some things about the twin stick setup. Ive broke 2 of these now, 1st at liberty and this one on yellow jacket hill. Should probably get rid of this weak link and go to regular axles. Anyone have chromo 12 bolt shafts?

Just box the hub up and include a nice note like, "Thanks for the great product, I got years of loyal service out of it before it let go, I sent it back figuring maybe it could be used for R&D".

They might just surprise ya and send ya new box full of goodies. :D
This.

And also switch over to drive flanges.

tup. Ive broke 2 of these now, 1st at liberty and this one on yellow jacket hill. Should probably get rid of this weak link and go to regular axles. Anyone have chromo 12 bolt shafts?

If you're not breaking axle shafts, then just switch out the (weaker) hubs for drive flanges.

Honestly never looked into them, anyone local sell them and what do they usually run $ ? Seeing I trailer it everywhere these are pretty much useless to me.(rear hubs)

Last edited:
Honestly never looked into them, anyone local sell them and what do they usually run $ ? Seeing I trailer it everywhere these are pretty much useless to me.

They're about the same $$ as hubs.

Lots of folks sell them, including Warn. Essentially, there are three different types, small hub and 30 spline. Large hub and 30 spline. Large hub and 35 spline.

Try and warranty your broke hub (by mailing to Warn) and then sell the set at the Swap Meet.

:awesomework: will send them back with a nice note, along with the receipt and see what happens. Then will be picking up a set of the large 30 spline. Thanks for info.

A member runs a rear Warn full float kit on his EB 9"...Broke a hub last Halloween Run (2013), and sent the hub in...Got a full set back. Now has an extra hub! :awesomework:

I spoke to the warn rep that was in the booth at the truck and jeep fest, he told me, " The warranty on the hubs is a life time no questions asked warranty. If you brake it then we replace it free of charge."

Thats what I like to hear:beer: you never know when it says " limited " lifetime warranty. Gonna send them off monday, no more spares.

For my D60 build I'm going to run the Yukon hard core hubs and not worry about Carrying spares like the add says :redneck:

Really, sweet!! Just boxed them up with a copy of the receipt. Saves me shipping. Im even heading to auburn tomorrow morning to work on my rig. Where/when?

Really, sweet!! Just boxed them up with a copy of the receipt. Saves me shipping. Im even heading to auburn tomorrow morning to work on my rig. Where/when?

Auburn Car Repair & Offroad 328 37th ST NW Auburn. I ordered a set in to swap you out with, I normally see that delivery by 9:30 or so.

John
253 939 5019