• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

welded front dana 60

dodgecrawler2011

Thinkn bout welding my spiders in my stock chevy 60. Stock shafts and u joints. Im running 40s with full hydro on a full size dodge with a turd 318. Will the stock shafts snap like twigs

If you don't drive it like it owes you rent it will do ok but look to upgrade.

Ran mine like this on the Toyota at first. It will work for a little bit if youre easy on the pedal but prepare for it to turn like poo with the flanges. I Kept the stock 30spline stuff and it survived for the shakedown trip but I swapped over to 35spline chomo Yukon stubs, RPM Flanges and the bigger spicer joints before I really beat on the truck.

I should be ok. I wheeled my last ram wit a 44 in the front wit 40s. Never broke a thing if that gives you any insight. It was open tho ;D

I ran my full size chevrolet this way for a long time on 42's, 4.56's and 2:1 Tcase, mild 350/th400. Went to 4:1 Doubler and they broke at will. THis weekend will be my first trip on 35spline chromo stuff.

If you're real worried about it put lock in lock outs on it and that can be your weak link. Then you can unlock one hub to drive around on the trails.

I tried that in the Turd when I first went 60 and broke an outter on the first trip out at Grayrock. Go ahead and do it, then break the stock outer's and upgrade accordingly ( because you sound like a cheap ass like me ) thumb.gif

I have an 89 dodge crawler with a tbi 318 and a welded front 60 with 4.56 gears. I ran it for a year before I broke an axle. Broke it at the top of rattlerock at Windrock so I can't complain.

I ran a welded 44 up front with 38.5 boggers on a jeep with a strong 406 sbc and had a 60 at the shop, was gonna install the 60 after the 44 exploded. I never did break that 44(had 5.38 gears), went ahead and installed the 60 and havent broken it yet. However, I am still on leafs and will be going to a 4 link so the 60 probably will break soon. My springs are worn out so thats probably why I havent broken anything yet. Just my .02

Re: Re: welded front dana 60

Im running 39.5s and a welded ford 60 with the small stubs and have yet to break one. I have a stock 302 for the power plant. I did break both front hubs they were mile markers, went back to spicer hubs. Its been through a few beat downs and I expect to break a stub shaft on any trip so I bring spares.

OK guys I know I'm putting way too much thought into this but I picked up some spare outers so its fer sure. Getting welded. But I'm curious how hard will it actually be to steer. I'm full hydro and have a 110inch wheel base

Latest posts