• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Welding AWD diff?

wannabe

Buddy of mine has a ZJ on 33's that's awd. Drivin on the street but deffinaley not a daily. Would it be better to weld the front or the rear? Obviously a Lowe is what we should put in there. But we're gonna weld it lol. Which would be the least shitty to weld with it being awd? I'm thinking front? Not too worried about street manners or tires, more worried about turning in the woods and just going straight.

Re: Re: Welding AWD diff?

If you want to turn, don't weld the front. Not without lockout

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

sounds like the rear it is!

and this thing is already angry LOL buddy bought it from a guy off here.. previous owner had axle/hub failure at 70 and the wheel/hub/axle/anything else attatched came off on I65. we fixed all that but the factory lower control arm mount was ****ed. bent it back into place (suuuuuuuuuper half ass sketchy) and welded it with a 110 flux core (all when it decided it wasnt going to move until it was fixed) plan was to weld it up real fast and then swap out axles that he already had, but the damn thing hasnt moved and we havent done anything about it lol.

Re: Re: Welding AWD diff?

Ah gotcha. There was a guy I dealt with a while back with a silver 5.9. Exact same thing happened to him on 65. Thought it might be his old jeep.