• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wet sounds

I am guessing that you are asking about Wet Sounds as in the boat stereo equipment manufacturer?

They are good. I would think a little overkill for an offroad rig. On a boat you can hear them clear across the lake.

bgredjeep said:
They are good. I would think a little overkill for an offroad rig. On a boat you can hear them clear across the lake.

Then 6 of them should be perfect for a RZR. :flipoff1:

It's awesome stuff. A buddy of mine has two REV8's on his tower and they are insanely loud even standing like 50+ feet from the back of the boat... They aren't cheap but the quality is there and from what he says, the customer service is just as good.

I put a set of 6.5'' Bazooka tubes on my golf cart cage with 970 watts going to them and a 12'' RF-P2 and thought that they sounded good but, they don't even remotely come close to the Wet Sounds stuff.

I have two REV 10's on my tower run by an alpine pdxf4. At 80 feet you can hear them plain as day. Definitely worth the money in my opinion if you are in to that sort of thing. I have friends with REV8's and two pairs of REV10's.

The 10's pick up full range a little better but the 8's sound really good.

Being an offroad site, I presume you are looking at options for a rig, not a boat. I've got a pair of bazooka 6.5" tower speakers in my Jeep with a marine amp, and a powered bazooka tube. It sounds great and is louder than I'll ever need.

I've seen a few guys running a wet sounds sound bar in their rigs. Looked a little more compact than tubies.

Re:

Those wet sounds bars are sexy!! I will have one in my loud piece of junk rig in the near future!!! My hearing is going to suck in my old age!!

Re:

A buddy of mine just put one of the wet sounds bars in his xp1k. It sounds great, but my favorite thing about it was that it's Bluetooth so you can just tether your phone to it and you don't need anything else. I wanted one til he said it was like $600 for it, I just don't know of I can spend that for tunes in the jeep

Wetsounds Rev 10's do sound great but they also take up a bit of space. My boat is loaded with them and they get the job done. But on a side x side or buggy I have to recommend JL's 8.8" marine speaker. I have 4 of them in an aluminum box (powder coated). Also in the box is a horn as well as a selenium 3" super tweeter and it's fairly compact in comparison to 4 rev 10's. It's outright dangerous to sit in the RZR with the volume up. If you don't do the rev 10's, go with JL 8.8's.

Murder-1 said:
Wetsounds Rev 10's do sound great but they also take up a bit of space. My boat is loaded with them and they get the job done. But on a side x side or buggy I have to recommend JL's 8.8" marine speaker. I have 4 of them in an aluminum box (powder coated). Also in the box is a horn as well as a selenium 3" super tweeter and it's fairly compact in comparison to 4 rev 10's. It's outright dangerous to sit in the RZR with the volume up.

I sort of get all that for a boat where you are basically blasting tunes to the person 70' behind on the rope. I don't get that when the speakers are 12" from your head.

For those bars, that price doesn't sound bad when you add up the cost of speakers, amp, etc that you need for a typical system. I've got about $400 in mine.

bgredjeep said:
I sort of get all that for a boat where you are basically blasting tunes to the person 70' behind on the rope. I don't get that when the speakers are 12" from your head.

For those bars, that price doesn't sound bad when you add up the cost of speakers, amp, etc that you need for a typical system. I've got about $400 in mine.
lol...agreed on the 12" behind your head. It flat out makes no sense. I have no excuses on this one, I'm just retarded.

They make great speakers. I have 2 sw650's and a ht4 amp in my rzr, i am very impressed. Also have a boat full, only brand i would go with.