• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What axles with stickies

Guess19

I am bout to order some axles for my gm dana 60 ... I will b running 43" sx stickies I was planning on running yukon 35 spline axles just wondering if I could get opinions from people running that combo on how well they hold up or would I be better off with something else thumb.gif

I have yukons without issues so far. It really depends on how you drive though.

Firm believer in the skinny pedal ... I know the stickies will b a lil rougher on parts , the rcv's r outrageous , I have ran the yukons before but it was with iroks

skinny pedal... 43s... go domestic with Foote (think East Coast gear sells em)
My buddy went from bearing a Yukon every 3 runs, to 10 with domestic

I sell Yukon's, with super joints, Nitro with exacalibur joints, or the RCV's. As much as I like all 3 for different reasons, cost, warranty, or strength I personally think the RCV's are worth the extra coin. Think of how much money you spend to trailer your rig to a park on buggy fuel, tow rig fuel, entrance fees, food, beer, etc, and then you break and don't get to wheel anymore.
Later,
Bobby

I'd run a Yukon or similar shaft.

With a low pinion 60, your gonna blow gears to pieces with 43" stickies. IMO, it's better to have a fuse in the axle shaft which is easy to replace than having to set up a new gear set at camp.

CCOR said:
I sell Yukon's, with super joints, Nitro with exacalibur joints, or the RCV's. As much as I like all 3 for different reasons, cost, warranty, or strength I personally think the RCV's are worth the extra coin. Think of how much money you spend to trailer your rig to a park on buggy fuel, tow rig fuel, entrance fees, food, beer, etc, and then you break and don't get to wheel anymore.
Later,
Bobby

Are you comparing these to the regular RCV axles or the 300m?

mikeyg79 said:
skinny pedal... 43s... go domestic with Foote (think East Coast gear sells em)
My buddy went from bearing a Yukon every 3 runs, to 10 with domestic

I've heard Foote is suppose to be similar to a CTM in quality but they don't seem to be very popular. How is there warranty/customer service?

I know I broke chromo Yukon shafts running regular 42" TSL's while crawling. Depending on your wheeling style, I'd look into other options if you're going to run 43" stickies. Yukon does warranty their shafts but who wants to keep replacing them all the time.

85toyo said:

I've heard Foote is suppose to be similar to a CTM in quality but they don't seem to be very popular. How is there warranty/customer service?
Regular RCV's not the 300M.
I've got several guys running RCV's in competition's with no problems.
If you do break one its quick and easy to get a replacement shaft!
For the way this guy said he wheels I'd recommend RCV's
Thanks,
Bobby

85toyo said:

Came from East Coast with lifetime warranty. When my friend called to get them replaced, Chase was surprised they broke. I'd say they are a step between Yukon and CTM

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-12823397-ecgs-usa-made-chromoly-dana-60-gm-35-spline-outer-stub-shaft.html

I was a little skeptical that I need to spend the extra coin on the RCVs. But after the carnage on everything but the axles. They are well worth the extra money. I beat my rig like it owes me money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought 43' stickies and running Yukon 35 spline shafts with super joints. Im also very curious to see opinions on this. I currently run 42" sticky iroks and haven't had an issue yet. Is it the weight of the 43 that causes so many problems or the fact that they actually hook and go.

I destroyed the low pinion D60 gears on the first ride and broke a 14 bolt rear axle after that.

16 months and counting on 43 stickies with the same Yukon axles and forged Spicer joints. :eek:

Sawzall said:
I destroyed the low pinion D60 gears on the first ride and broke a 14 bolt rear axle after that.

16 months and counting on 43 stickies with the same Yukon axles and forged Spicer joints. :eek:
This is good news to me. Are you really careful when riding or just cautious enough to get lucky at times.

bushhog750 said:
This is good news to me. Are you really careful when riding or just cautious enough to get lucky at times.

There has got to be luck involved. I try not to cut the wheels very much when beating on it. When I broke two Yukons on the Samurai D44, I had the wheels cut to the side and suddenly caught traction.

The reason I don't have RCVs in the buggy is I built front D60 that is under it for my old 1.6 powered Samurai and ran it over a year under it. I knew it would be bulletproof with 80 horsepower.

I know they will eventually fail and I will upgrade to something else if that happens more than once.

Sawzall said:
There has got to be luck involved. I try not to cut the wheels very much when beating on it. When I broke two Yukons on the Samurai D44, I had the wheels cut to the side and suddenly caught traction.

The reason I don't have RCVs is the buggy is I built front D60 in it for the 1.6 powered Samurai and ran it over a year under it. I knew it would be bulletproof with 80 horsepower.

I know they will eventually fail and I will upgrade to something else if that happens more than once.
Maybe not so good for me. I'm running a 6.0 with cam, headers, and tuned and I like hearing it. So far so good on Sticky Iroks, We shall see on the 43's.

bushhog750 said:
Maybe not so good for me. I'm running a 6.0 with cam, headers, and tuned and I like hearing it. So far so good on Sticky Iroks, We shall see on the 43's.

Same engine setup in mine except it has the stock cam.