• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What Brake Calipers do I need for my HP 60 ?

ALLJ

Im putting 1/2 - 3/4 ton brakes on my HP 60 Im using brackets from Wide Open Design for this the brackets fit perfect but the brake caliper is hitting the back lower portion of the knuckle
Im using a GM 78-79 model caliper and same year model rotors the knuckles are stock ford also does any one know for sure what part # of caliper clears the knuckle with these brackets ? Rocky was trying his best (via text message) to help me with this but could not recall what specific part # they use with their brackets I believe they are the same bracket style that Black Bird custom makes if anyone has any info on this It would be appreciated

blackbird customs say pre 76 chevy calipers. i am doing the same swap.

got in touch with a guy thru a friend of mine last night about 10 o clock that has done a couple 60s with this stlye bracket he said he uses 85 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 calipers front and rear so went to o'reillys this morning and picked up one to try and he was correct it clears the knuckle it is close but it will work the problem I had was where the brake line attached to the caliper it had a bulge that hit the knuckle Thanks for the replys

The ones I ended up getting today will clear with no grinding the first ones I had would not clear even after I ground one of them that was the real purpose of this post to find something to work without having to do that

Re: What Brake Calipers do I need for my HP 60 ?

Did those brackets come with the spacer ring? I just remembered mine from BlackBird had a spacer you had to use with the bracket and may have been for this reason. Guess it don't matter since you got it worked out but I just thought of that

Na no spacer the calipers solved the problem Craig gave me the correct year and model to ask for come by and check it out