• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What cam should I use

tommyswheelin

Got a 355 with flat tops and 2.02/1.60 dart heads. What cam should I use to have good bottom end power on propane.

I've always heard to just call the cam company and get them to recommend one for your setup.

you didn't say if you had a single or dual mixer setup, what compression ratio, or even what kind of lifters.

Kinda hard to just guess

Mathmatically, if you have a single 425 mixer setup you'll be limited to about 5500 rpm, so a cam with good vacuum and good low end power should make a nice torquey motor

Voodoo Hyd Cam - Chevrolet Small Block 262/268

Product Description
Lunati's Voodoo series of Hydraulic camshafts deliver more area under the curve than any other series of Hydraulic camshafts. This means more throttle response, quicker acceleration, more vacuum, better efficiency, combined with maximum horsepower and torque!
Hydraulic. Mid-level performance street cam with excellent drivability. Exceptional replacement for muscle car type cams with automatic transmissions. Works well with stock type exhaust manifolds and dual plane intake with mild 4 bbl carb. This is an Awesome 4X4 and performance marine cam.

•Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 262/268
•Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 219/227
•Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .468/.489
•LSA/ICL: 112/108
•Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd
•RPM Range: 1400-5800
•Includes: Cam Only

Part Number: 10120702
Previoius Part Number: 60102

That's my vote or get a Roller. :dblthumb:

Get you the biggest roller comp makes and throw in it.whompity whompity whompity

The Voodoo cam mentioned above would be a great choice. I don't see any reason to go with a custom cam in this situation.

Re: Re: What cam should I use

I had really good luck with an Erson cam. Specs on it were .488/.488, 232/234, 292/300, 108 lobe center. Sounded really good and had good power up through 6000k. Motor was a 355 with vortec heads and a Edlebrock intake matched for the vortec heads.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2