• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you do for fun/extra money

1tonxj

50577975ddde540373cb228e60ed4f64_zpscztqunsj.jpg

61ec2e08aedb777db1d7792638ba972e_zpscdc530a2.jpg

Some bumpers I've built for buddies

I work on equipment for extra money to fund my fun. Things like mini excavators, Bobcats, tractors, things like that.

I go to work at 4:00 am and get home at 7:00 pm. if I have any spare time in Saturday, I do the same thing then.

pjprice said:
Those bumpers look great man! Most that I see now are way to big and bulky. Those look right though! Good job.
Thanks man the dodge had a 3" body lift on it and is 12 valve swapped.

I work Monday through Friday and try my best to not do so on the weekends. Probably the WORST boss I've ever had, or anyone for that matter, was the one who has provided with the best work advice: "You can bust your butt here for 60 hours this week, but if it doesn't provide results, what good was it?... I'm after results, not hard work..." That was over a decade ago, and I take it to heart. Work smarter, not harder. Even the worst situations can be learning situations.

Spare money, after I pay my monthly medical bills? I treat myself to sushi buffet.

hobby stuff. All of my day fabrication is paid in 30-45 days by check, so to cash out I have to take a paycheck from my company, or sell bulk material for cash. The burn table is nice as it is impossible to track small parts off of plates that are remnants and essentially scrap from bigger jobs.

yankster said:
Refreshing beverages enjoyed from Mason jars.
I'm starting to consider this. As I removed my self from, well I guess we can call it "outside sales". There was a time where I had an extra income of 30-40k a year on top of my work.. Then we had my lil girl.. And I guess I just didn't wanna miss out on part of her growing up like I did with my first daughter. But man the money sure was nice. Now I'm broke as fawk. But have more fun now than ever. I have came to the conclusion that money is important, but not everything. I was killin myself workin long days and Runnin round after work takin risk that woulda been bad.. Then one day it hit me. I ain't living my life like that and wakin up win I'm 50+ and Sayin "dam life passed me by and all I did was work". Nope. Not gonna happen. So now I maintain the several accts I have had, and work on my rig and all the other crap for cars we have. Oh well. That better than what coulda happened tho. But man I miss the cash. Haha think I said that already. Had a chunk of cash but when I retired I had just bought my rig. 2 years ago. And ain't stopped on it yet. Haha life is good tho. No worries bout my freedom, just dam bills. I was thinkin last night, and no lie, if I didn't have extra curricular activities I could have a buggy and go race every weekend. :****: but Id Prob be miserable. Like my dad always says, it will all work out. I do need to get another hustle Tho. So nice not to have to hit the debit card for every dam thing. Wish I had some nice tools. My dream is to build **** on the side. Maybe a chassis here and there, would be what I consider one of the best jobs/hobbies ever!! But dam tha tools will break Ya!!

I buy and sell cars and whatever else I can to make extra spending money. My wife hates the amount og tome it takes, but she definitely has no problem spending the money.

I don't have time for hobies, work too damned much. I can't remember the last time I spent a weekend in the woods.

Re:

I do a little bit of fab work on the side, helps fund my hobbies so I'm not having to come out of pocket for parts and stuff. So far I've built a few jeep cages, an xp1k cage and built a yj juggy, hoping to eventually give building a full chasis a whirl

I try to hustle a car or two on the side every year. Hard to catch the deals now though working long hours and out of town a lot.

Small fab stuff, nothing structural. Ladder racks/landscape trailer kinda stuff, bumpers here and there for hunting trucks. Not quite comfortable charging for real fab work just yet. Lots and lots of mechanic work tho, Ive moved to more or less doing it full time out of the shop. I got tired of getting the run around on paychecks from restaurants/service industry and construction was already killing me after 8 years, just wasnt happy working for someone else. Decided I was gonna try and get a small shop up and running doing little jobs, that quickly turned into having 5-6 cars waiting for motor or trans swaps in the back yard. So far so good :eat: :eat: :eat:

Re:

Whatever I can do.... It's been moving people, landscaping, painting, and lawn care these last few months. I just wish I could get a good deal going and do property management and lawn care full time for myself.