• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What does your wife ride?

Picked up a car for the wife to haul our dog around...

df6a80b79a5e2fc6c30635943869a62c.jpg

money_pit_yj said:
Easy there fella.....I said my wife wants a new car, your the won that is calling it a chick car. There are plenty of men who drive these types of cars, granted they are mostly bearded hipsters that sit down to pee and have safe zones but they are not chicks........per say.

I called it a "chick car" since its in the "What Does Your WIFE Ride" thread, not the random SUV discussion thread. Calling a spade a spade by name only. thumb.gif

ridered3 said:
I called it a "chick car" since its in the "What Does Your WIFE Ride" thread, not the random SUV discussion thread. Calling a spade a spade by name only. thumb.gif

You say tomato and I say tomato, either way you say it, it is right. In my 34 years on this earth I have learned this "Life is a dance, you learn as you go. Sometimes you lead, and sometimes you follow, just dont worry about what you don't know, cause life is a dance and you learn as you go".

Re: Re: What does your wife ride?

money_pit_yj said:
Easy there fella.....I said my wife wants a new car, your the won that is calling it a chick car. There are plenty of men who drive these types of cars, granted they are mostly bearded hipsters that sit down to pee and have safe zones but they are not chicks........per say.

Newest update: I have haggled and dealt with a salesmen who was way out of his league and then the sales manager who was a nice guy. We come up with some rough numbers we could both live with (they are making money on me and I am getting a good buy) and left it at my wife coming by to make sure she likes the one I found. Fast forward to tonight and she tells me she doesn't really like the way the Honda Pilots and other crossovers drive(the same thing she hated about her Acadia) but that she would deal with it ??? All of those are unibody front wheel drive cars. I dang sure aint doing all this for her to realize a few months in that she can't get used to it, so I am fairly certain now she will get a RWD Tahoe.
Have her check out the durango too. I was sold on the tahoe but the wife liked the size of crossovers better. The durango drives like a fullsize but is in between sizes of the tahoe and crossover. Plus i got one loaded, almost new, for what a higher mileage tahoe was going to cost. The rwd is only in v6 and awd in v8. I have been happy with the v6, esp fuel mileage, but i don't tow with it.

2004 Z71 Tahoe..wife loves it and I didn't give half of what its worth so win. We had a 01 4Runner that we both liked but she liked the idea of being in something a little bigger and having more room for luggage for the family trips. No complaints on either SUV

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Mb9c2013e7cfcda895fbbb4234ff5b943o0&pid=15.1

paradisepwoffrd said:
Have her check out the durango too. I was sold on the tahoe but the wife liked the size of crossovers better. The durango drives like a fullsize but is in between sizes of the tahoe and crossover. Plus i got one loaded, almost new, for what a higher mileage tahoe was going to cost. The rwd is only in v6 and awd in v8. I have been happy with the v6, esp fuel mileage, but i don't tow with it.

I agree with checking out a Durango. The newest ones are really sweet just not big enough for us. We have an 06 right now....it seats 8.

Side note: You can get a R/T with V8 and rwd.

MoparMan said:
I agree with checking out a Durango. The newest ones are really sweet just not big enough for us. We have an 06 right now....it seats 8.

Side note: You can get a R/T with V8 and rwd.

Im not a durango guy. We rode around in one for a week in Florida and I just didn't like it. Something was off about it, I don't know what, I just know I decided I wouldn't have one after we left. That said, the folks who had it love it so they are not bad, just not for me.

jimbo0076 said:
2004 Z71 Tahoe..wife loves it and I didn't give half of what its worth so win. We had a 01 4Runner that we both liked but she liked the idea of being in something a little bigger and having more room for luggage for the family trips. No complaints on either SUV
My gf has one of those new Subaru dike-mobiles and has since before we started dating. Things are getting pretty serious and I've about got her on board on selling it and getting a Tahoe or Yukon from that generation. She should be able to make some money on the deal and have something I'm much more comfortable working on and maintaining.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk