• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What manuel breaks are toyota guys using

karatejosh

I have toyota mini truck axles in my buggy stock rotors up front and drums in the rear everything is new I have willwood duel masters with a single pedal and bias bar I have twin 7/8 masters wich is what willwood said I needed and it was terrible I had a 3/4 master laying around and that helped alot but It could still be better also have 10 pound residual valve for the drums on there rear any help or advice would be great before I just waste money trying to figure it out on my own thanks !!
6425c41f0cf5f9b901afa4beaec1f639.jpg

Re:

I put the 3/4 on the front I don't really have room for a longer pedal unless I re work the hole assenbly

Re:

karatejosh said:
I put the 3/4 on the front I don't really have room for a longer pedal unless I re work the hole assenbly

I'd swap the 3/4 to the rear, adjust the balance bar, and make sure the rear is engaging. Adjust the rear drums, I've found that after removing the cable parking brake they don't self adjust anymore. Maybe get another 3/4 for the front also if needed, or get a 5/8 for the rear and leave the 3/4 on the front

Re:

The rear shoes are brand new and ajusted properly I put the 3/4 on the front beacuse when I tested them independently the rear was stopping better then the front with a 7/8 master and the front dose more of the stopping so I figured that's where I would want the best brakes I was thinking about getting a 5/8 but i was just concerned I would have to much pedal travel

Re: Re:

karatejosh said:
The rear shoes are brand new and ajusted properly I put the 3/4 on the front beacuse when I tested them independently the rear was stopping better then the front with a 7/8 master and the front dose more of the stopping so I figured that's where I would want the best brakes I was thinking about getting a 5/8 but i was just concerned I would have to much pedal travel
I'd say the rear drums take so much less fluid to activate, that unless you had the balance bar biased heavily to the front that the fronts may not be getting enough flow.

I think as an experiment, I'd put the 3/4 on the rear, 7/8 front, play with balance bar, and see how that feels.

I would probably also try it with just front brakes and see if you can get them to lock up with any combo of parts that you already have, then start tuning the rear brakes in.

Re:

Ya 7/8 on the front is way to much it offers almost no breaks the 7/8 on the back probly gives me 60 % of what it should be

I agree with TBI,, 3/4 with 2 lb residule up front 5/8 with 10lb residule rear, place residules at the master cyl's to keep whole system under pressure..

Re:

Ok guys I will order a 5/8 and try it and see what happens why the the residual for the front my masters are well above the calipers

Like Billstoy said, to keep the system with some pressure so less travel will be needed at the pedal.