• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What modifications will you be doing in the next 6 months to your rig?

GStone said:
Cutting the front end off and reworking it a bit, replacing some scared tubing, complete diassemble, new tranny, new stroker ls1, rewire, new dash/tunnel.Fresh powder coat,new hood ,skins and new colors. Maybe coilovers on the front. Jim will be busy for a minute on it.

What colors are you doing? I am trying to decide on colors for mine. Our rigs will be similar since they are same design, builder, skins, etc. I don't want to copy your colors too :flipoff1:

I'll probably do the chassis some dumbass three stage powdercoat that I can't really touch-up well with Krylon. LIKE IT IS NOW. I really haven't decided. It's been a rough couple of years on the ol' girl she needs a makeover. I liked the polished skins with flames myself.

dpgsept16024.jpg

apparently the guy who built this did too

IMG_2193.jpg

Damn that model is cool.

Mods in the next 6 months? Just fix anything I break racing.

Mods in the next year? Not new, news, but I want to stretch my whole chassis, and redo the upper rear lines to fit a kids bench in the back seat. Coilovers would be cool as it gets close to KOH prep time??????

Dialing in my coilovers, 100 shot, and finding its weak links as much as fawkin possible. I'm pretty happy with the recent 2 month makeover.

Inner cage, 6.0 Vortec motor, custom dash, sliders, art carr shifter, Hydro assist and hi steer, 42s on weld on locks, and a rear 4 link hopefully.

GStone said:
I'll probably do the chassis some dumbass three stage powdercoat that I can't really touch-up well with Krylon. LIKE IT IS NOW. I really haven't decided. It's been a rough couple of years on the ol' girl she needs a makeover. I liked the polished skins with flames myself.

dpgsept16024.jpg

That is a sick combo man, I am glad you are changing schemes because I wanna go with black skins like my current rig (and yours) and silver chassis. Every car I own is black! Probably throw in some orange for good measure ;D Hoping to have a flame job on the hood similar to what I have now.

for mine, i am planning on moving the rear axle back about 2-3". id like the WB at about 103". then cut some sheet metal enough to get some 36-37" tires on there without having to lift it much if any... i am also gonna swap the tcases out to one with better gearing and maybe a spool...

but now that i have a wife that enjoys wheeling, i really plan on doing more wheeling for once. life is good!

LUNCH said:
I'm gonna put some gas in mine and let her :eat:

laughing1 Fug right boy

Id like to do some alum heads and some nitrous just for fun... Outside of that, hell I havent done anything in mine other than sit in it and make vroom vroom noises so who know ! :dunno:

Hmmmm....since I sold my rigs I guess I'll be busy on my son's. I've got a pile of stuff for it that we haven't had time to install but it looks like my weekend work might let up so we'll be:

installing new "all metal" radiator that I bought a couple months ago because his had the usual TJ seepage.

installing Poison Spyder corners that he got for Christmas

installing LED taillights to go with the corners

installing TJ 44 rear that we got for it last week....it's currently a D35 with 307's..bleh!

Down the road for his TJ.....little more lift....SYE...new tires.

Dayum kids!

I think the fact that Interco came out with a publically offered sticky they are going to blow the rest of the market out. Seriously why would the average joe try to run anything else. Krawlers/Creepies, **** you ruin a tire and not have a hookup or be on a program you're ****ed.