• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What Stall Converter

poolman

What stall are you guys running? I've got a mild built 355, 30 over small cam roller rockers etc nothing fancy on propane if that matters. I'm taking out the four speed manual tranny and putting in a 350 turbo.

Re: What Stall Convertor

poolman said:
What stall are you guys running? I've got a mild built 355, 30 over small cam roller rockers etc nothing fancy on propane if that matters. I'm taking out the four speed manual tranny and putting in a 350 turbo.

A good 2-2200 is usually the way to go

Great thanks, ,, I'll call him. Whats the average though? 2-2200?

Re: Re: What Stall Convertor

im running J&W 2200 behind a pretty hot 6.0 lq4 and in front of a TH350 works good

scared to death!!!!!

infamous1 said:
im running J&W 2200 behind a pretty hot 6.0 lq4 and in front of a TH350 works good

scared to death!!!!!

Does it push through the brakes at all? Even in low? Im trying to decide for my 6.0 and 4l65e. I was thing 26-2800 but if 2200 is good that would be great. What did you pay?

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: What Stall Converter

no brake pushing at all, it is an 11", it was around 300 bucks from jegs, its a good stall for my setup

scared to death!!!!!

I've been a big block 13 in low stall converter all my life, and I'm 61 years old. But when I ballooned my converter the only converter I had laying was a 10 in PTC so I installed it. Love it! It won't break the tires loose so fast, it builds up and than sling shots you out, a Little hard to handle, but not that bad. when your drawling it builds a little more heat, but not that bad . Good choice.