• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What stall should I run?

04rubi

Let the stickies do the work
Having to pull engine on a buggy I haven't rode in yet. That's another story in itself but anywho. It's supposed to have a 3000 stall in it and that sounds high to me. It's a 6.0, 400 turbo, 205, with 5:13 in axles. Not gonna race it or anything. Just wanting a good trail rig that might get a little beating here and there. While I had motor out thought about changing stall. What do yall suggest?

yankster said:
Almost identical to Bombshell. I think it's perfect.
Watched Some videos. Looks like that set up works good. May just stick with it. Appreciate it.

I am running a 2400 stall in mine, LQ9 6.0, Th-350 doubler, rocks. It launches fine but could probably use a bit more stall. 3000 sounds perfect.

I'd say that you will love that stall. It may be a little harsh on the trans if you do a lot of crawling. But when you need the power it will be worth it.

I was thinking it would be great if I needed a launch but didn't want it to be annoying if I was trying to ease up something. The tranny is built so maybe it won't be too hard on it.

was running a 2200 in my th350 behind a slightly built lq4 and didn't like it in high range for launching. worked perfectly fine in low range. we bumped to a 2600-2800 stall to see if that helps (trans was being rebuilt anyway for the buggy)

the bump up in stall and having a lighter rig should help a decent amount hopefully (previous truggy was 5300# and new buggy should be around 4kish)