• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What the hell is there to do in Indianapolis, Indiana?

muddinmetal

Guntersville, AL
I will be on a business trip in Indiana from Tonight to Saturday morning. Does anyone have a recommendations? Good eating establishments? Bars or adult entertainment? Cool stuff to see? I have found almost nothing of interest to me using Google :dunno:

Indianapolis motor speedway & the new Dallara building right around the corner on Main st. is pretty cool. There are also a couple decent restaurants on Main. Barbecue and Bourbon is one of my regular spots. But I work right across the street. As far as "adult entertainment", i've been outta that scene for a few years, but Red Garter is downtown, Dancers is on the west side not far from the speedway, and classy chassis is another (cool decor with full size racecars hanging from the ceiling & ****). 8 seconds saloon is a happenin place on Friday nights. Located on the west side, a couple miles from the speedway & on your way to Dancers. Usually a decent name country concert every week and lots of hot females. If you're into sight seeing, Lucas Oil Stadium is pretty awesome on the inside. Tons of cool automotive stuff. They even have a complete top fuel engine hanging inside a glass case as an "exploded view". Hope this helps!

Downtown also has several bars & lots of good restaurants. Howl at the moon is a fun "piano" bar, but i'm not sure if it's open during the week. Slippery Noodle is the state's "oldest" bar & usually has pretty good live blues music, but can get kinda crowded. Three pints brewpub is outside the city in Plainfield, but has good food & local craft beers. Union Jacks is good also, great pizza & beer joint, down the road from the speedway. I also believe they're running cars out at Lucas Oil Speedway tonight if u wanna see the local street car scene tearin up the track tonight. They start running at 5:00 I believe. Good weather tonight so there should be a decent crowd. I would call out there first & make sure they're running. Sometimes they skip it if there's another big event coming in.

Look for a sports bar called Scotty's. Excellent food, I believe Indy has one. You can get a burger on pretzel bun with jalepenos and peanut butter. Its good ****.

"Ike and jonesy's" and the "slippery noodle" are my 2 favorite bars ever. They are downtown by the colts old stadium. The slippery noodle is a big blues bar, always has a couple awesome blues bands playing every night. It kicks ass. Ike and jonesy's is just an awesome fun place to go danc to 80's music with a bunch of cougars. Neither are ga bars like their names suggest lol. John Dillinger used to own the slippery noodle.

Broad ripple is the bar district. It's pretty fun for the just drinking age crowd. I've never been there and not about ended up in jail though.

We go over there all the time. My cousin/best friend lives there. Attica Indiana is a little over an hour west if you can find a seat with someone, the badlands is always fun.

Acapulco joes!!! Hole in the wall Mexican place in downtown. I haven't been there in years.

X2 on Scotty's brewhouse. There is a downtown location. We are regulars at the north side location. If your into craft beers we have a bunch of microbrewerys. My favorite is Bier on the northeast side. Flat 12, triton and Fountain Square Brewery are also good. They are racing at the speedway this weekend. They just redid/changed up the road course.

http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/grandprixofindianapolis/schedule/

Even though it's the company credit card I can't spend $100 at Shula's or Ruth Chris.... All of these places are right nect to our hotel.... Where should I get a good steak? Harry & Izzy's, Morton's Steakhoue, or Weber Grill? Thanks, Tyler