• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheel Adapters

Beerj

Sonzabitches!
Who do you guys trust to buy wheel adapters from? Spidertrax was the first company to come to mind but I'm pretty sure they only make spacers.

Re:

http://adaptitusa.com/

I used that brand when I was converting an 8.8 ford axle to a 6 lug bolt pattern to match a front wagoneer d44.

Nice tight tolerances.... Follow their directions/use loctite. Wheeled it hard.

I remember they were expensive.....but I knew I didn't want a wheel breaking off either. And they're made in the USA.....no China junk.

Good looking out. Thanks. Looks like the minimum thickness is 2". I might need a wide load permit just to haul my buggy. :-X

tommy450r said:
U can get them little 1/4 inch spacers that just slides over your wheel studs if that would be enough??
The smaller the better. But I want them to be strong too. Oh, and I need adapters not spacers.

Oh well the thin ones I was talking about are just spacers. Could u not redrill for a different pattern if that's all your going for?

I could, but then I'd have to redrill every replacement hub I ever get. Will they ever need replaced? Maybe not. But I just liked the idea of parts store replacements without modifications. Might just end up drilling in the end. Thinking 100" is waaaay too wide.

I don't see them being a issue though. I know it's not the same lvl but I got a little jeep on super swampers with the little dana 30 an it's had the same hubs for about 4 or 5 years of pure hell.

True that. I believe these are the factory hubs and there is absolutely no play in them. Might just do 3 right away

I'm not 100% sure but I think nick (tbitoy) said there is a way to machine them an tighten em back up when they get a little loose also.

Re: Re: Wheel Adapters

tommy450r said:
I'm not 100% sure but I think nick (tbitoy) said there is a way to machine them an tighten em back up when they get a little loose also.
On 99-04 axles.

I believe beerj is using a 05+. The units can't be disassembled on these.

You can get 1.5" conversion spacers and cut your lug studs off so they don't stick out through the spacer.

Fwiw I've always ran eBay cheapo spacers. Been running a 1.5" set on the rear of my dmax for 140k miles...

Also, have you considered running metric conversion spacers on the rear and running metric wheels? Even deeper backspace to pull the width in a bit.?

TBItoy said:
On 99-04 axles.

I believe beerj is using a 05+. The units can't be disassembled on these.

You can get 1.5" conversion spacers and cut your lug studs off so they don't stick out through the spacer.
Yep, 05+.
Everything I've found is either 2"+ or ebay ones which I haven't even really considered. The more I think about it the more I lean towards redrilling. I've already got 8x6.5 wheels so I'd like to stick with that. And they're 3.5 bs which isn't helping things.

The way I figured, 72"wms minus 7" for back spacing + 29" for both tires puts me at 94" to the outside of the tread. Sidewall will be even more yet.

TBItoy said:
Redrilling shouldnt be hard. I'd buy a spare axle to rob the bearings and shafts out of... New bearings are $$$
Probably not a bad idea. Like I said, these ones feel really tight so hopefully I can skip the spares for the time being.

Re: Re: Wheel Adapters

Beerj said:
Probably not a bad idea. Like I said, these ones feel really tight so hopefully I can skip the spares for the time being.
It would suck to be in Lions Den with a gacked up wheel bearing and have to redrill a new bearing or run someone's tow rig spare tire to get the metric pattern wheel lol

Probably won't have any problems, but I hate not having spares in the tow rig.