• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheel spacers

onepieceatatime

I like turtles...
My 39s kind of rubbed my lower links at full lock and now the 43s get into them more. Was curious about running wheel spacers. I've read some good stuff and some bad stuff and a lot of its older stuff so I thought I'd start a newer discussion. I was asking a vendor about them this summer and I swore he said there's not as many companies making them these days for some reason so I thought maybe there's a reason behind it.

Anyways just curious who runs them, what they run, if they're satisfied and what I should look for on 8 lug spacers between 1.5 and 2".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I run 1" spacers on the back of Solo. I have the single drilled style that uses longer wheel studs. Never had a problem. Don't think I would like the ones that bolt on and have a second set of lug studs. Think that would be adding a failure point.

Re: Re: Wheel spacers

JohnG said:
I run 1" spacers on the back of Solo. I have the single drilled style that uses longer wheel studs. Never had a problem. Don't think I would like the ones that bolt on and have a second set of lug studs. Think that would be adding a failure point.
Remember who made them?

Re:

I ran some 2" Adapt-It brand wheel spacers/adapters on my old XJ.

They never failed...followed installation instructions. Daily drove on them with 35's and later trail only'd with them on 37s.

Broke 8.8 ring and pinions and axle shafts...no spacer failings.

They're were expensive.... But they worked. They were the 2 piece bolt on style.

Ive ran em on back my zj on 36 iroks for 4-5 years and no issues and you seen what it can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a set of 1.5" spacers on my toyota truck with 36" and beat the snot out of it, and my yota buggy had 3" spacers with 42" iroks and it took a beating before, during and probably after I owned it. Never had any problems out of them.

Re:

I'm currently running 1.5" spacers on the front of my big Ford with 44's and have had no issues. I believe Jake Berkley runs them on his bouncer too. I was told when looking into them to get the ones that bolt on then the wheels use another set of studs pressed into the spacer. Reason being is it's supposed to eliminate misalignment issues that lead to broken studs and be better load support.

Run the bolt on style with pressed in studs on my Toyota. Run a few different sets in the past and no issues. Just Loctite them and check them every so often and youre fine.

Re:

I've been running a 1.75" set on my rear 14 bolt since 2008. No issues ever. Jumped the jeep, slammed the rear into ledges trying to bump it up, and a lot of road miles in between.

Slammed the rear sideways onto a rock on little jagger in harlan, severely dented the 1/4 rock ring, broke a ballistic joint on an upper link, and the wheel spacer was fine.

On a 5k lbs YJ, with 42s on h1s and tons.

Mine were $79/pair from ebay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am currently running 2 sets of 1.5" and I ran the same size on my last crawler with 44's. No issues. Bought from trailsport4x4. Supposed to be made from Forged 6061 Billet Aluminum.

Re:

Thanks for all the help fellas. I'm going to order a set just as soon as I find what I need. Got a 79 Ford 60 with the smaller studs up front and a 14 bolt with the bigger studs in the rear so I gotta find a separate set for each one if I'm thinking correctly.

Re:

I guess it's not like the wheels have different size holes so I guess that would make sense that they should fit.

I've had Stan at branik make me a couple sets when I have had oddball stuff. He's localism to me, and branik pretty much kicks ass. I think every toyota has a set on at least the front. Mine has 2" on it.