• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

where to buy crate engines?

Dusten

My bronco(74) has been smoking more and more lately. We suspect valve guides and seals, but you never know. going to pull the heads in a few weeks and inspect. If it needs a motor, i want to go 351W this time. But, i want a mostly stock motor, the bronco is pretty mild and doesnt need alot of power. Where do you guys recommend sourcing one from?

Jasper Engines! They have a good solid warranty, the shop across from where i work only uses them when they need a motor and never had a problem with them. you can have them build the motor by your specific specs or application

http://www.jasperengines.com/

Do a 347............

what the hell for?
I want the crate motor to be as stock as possible. I daily drive the bronco alot, so i dont need something that is a pain in the ass to drive, or is tempermental. I have other toys for big power, and the bronco isnt one of them

you will like the 351w over the 302. gobs more low end. you will need some differant brackets for your alt. power steering pump though. If you need a core let me know I have one you can have. I also have the oil pan you will need for $50.00 if you take the core its attaached to:redneck: even includes a factory (heavy) 4 bl intake and chrome(bling) valve covers

I personally would go here http://www.mopar.com/performance/features/crateengines/index.html and go with one of these motors.

so you're saying a should put a mopar turd in my bronco?

you will like the 351w over the 302. gobs more low end. you will need some differant brackets for your alt. power steering pump though. If you need a core let me know I have one you can have. I also have the oil pan you will need for $50.00 if you take the core its attaached to:redneck: even includes a factory (heavy) 4 bl intake and chrome(bling) valve covers

Pokey, i'll let ya know. I'm pulling the heads thanksgiving weekend.

sorry, i'm NOT a Found Off Road Dead fan.

i have almost always been a mopar fan from the begining.
It was just my 2 cents worth.
Kat

My buddy got a "new" motor from ATK. He bought a 351W from them for his 96 bronco. Was supposed to be plug and play. We got it installed and then the truck wouldn't idle right and also smoked like a bastard. After fiddling with it for a few days, found out it wasn't getting enough fuel.

We took it to a mechanic, who pulled the heads and discovered it was bored .040 over. He told us A) You aren't supposed to go that far. And B) it was supposed to be a 100% stock motor.

ATK did take care of the problem by sending him another motor. But it was a huge PITA not to mention about a month of lost time due to the mix up.

Just FYI.

what the hell for?
I want the crate motor to be as stock as possible. I daily drive the bronco alot, so i dont need something that is a pain in the ass to drive, or is tempermental. I have other toys for big power, and the bronco isnt one of them

Why do you think a 347 would be a pain in the ass to drive or tempermental and would not be good for a daily driver?

www.fordracingparts.com offers the M-6007-J58 for $2600.00 and the M-6007-S58 for $2895.00. Both are complete 351W crate motors. J is 2V 240hp/340tq- S is 4V 250hp/350tq

Last edited:
Why do you think a 347 would be a pain in the ass to drive or tempermental and would not be good for a daily driver?

www.fordracingparts.com offers the M-6007-J58 for $2600.00 and the M-6007-S58 for $2895.00. Both are complete 351W crate motors. J is 2V 240hp/340tq- S is 4V 250hp/350tq

Compared to a stock rebuild, a stroker motor can often be problematic.
My good buddy works at a local parts store and is getting me a 351W for 1250 with a 5yr warranty, so we'll see how it works out